Heads and intake doesn’t make a difference for the alternator

I don’t have a link. Call nations tell them what you need

freebird50

Established Member

freebird50

Established Member

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes I bought that alternator a couple years ago and the case was too big and it hits the front of my intake manifold. Does not fit. Thanks.
Sounds like u need to call them.

Either way I ran stock intake on my car making 640 on 17psi on a T trim. 15% lower 3.33” upper never smoked a alternator. You have more wrong with your car that you need to look into before spending 2.5k on cams retainers and springs

freebird50

Established Member
I called nations when I ordered it and showed them a picture of my current alternator and they informed me they do not make one for my application.

Either way I ran stock intake on my car making 640 on 17psi on a T trim. 15% lower 3.33” upper never smoked a alternator. You have more wrong with your car that you need to look into before spending 2.5k on cams retainers and springs

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I called nations when I ordered it and showed them a picture of my current alternator and they informed me they do not make one for my application.
That sucks. Sounds like u need to figure out why your smoking alternators left and right bud

freebird50

Established Member
That sucks. Sounds like u need to figure out why your smoking alternators left and right bud
Yeah I can only get cheap quality ones and they are being overspun. When they go out its always after I redline it. Maybe have to find custom or just count it as part of racecar maintenance lol.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That's ridiculous. I literally ran a stock nothing special alternator with zero issues for 10yrs. I didn't step up to a Nations until this last motor build..

freebird50

Established Member

Or my car is way more powerful than next gen claims. Like I said I'll verify output with aed. It runs really well. Had it for years and my motor is holding up. Every combo and Dyno is different after all. Not trying to argue or be defensive.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Horsepower doesn't affect alternators. 6000rpm is 6000rpm to it. If you're not overspinning it then you have a wiring problem somewhere.

I ran a stock alternator on my 01 for years. Even when I put the big bore in. And with a 12% overdrive crank pulley it was getting overspun at redline. It never gave me an issue. The only reason I changed up was because I had a hook up and they were able to upgrade it to 200amp for free.

freebird50

Established Member
Horsepower doesn't affect alternators. 6000rpm is 6000rpm to it. If you're not overspinning it then you have a wiring problem somewhere.

I ran a stock alternator on my 01 for years. Even when I put the big bore in. And with a 12% overdrive crank pulley it was getting overspun at redline. It never gave me an issue. The only reason I changed up was because I had a hook up and they were able to upgrade it to 200amp for free.
False alarm. Alternator is ok.

freebird50

Established Member
Ok so what was the problem?
Not really sure.....pretty dumb of me to shotgun parts. My car won't idle all of a sudden and die. Runs well when I give it gas. Dumb of me to replace the alternator I just had issues with it before so I took a 500 dollar guess. Again. Stupid of me.

Users who are viewing this thread