Custom 2013/14 headlights

KonaFifty

Established Member
looks good. i think for people concerned about the turn signal, you can paint them black chrome too which also looks pretty nice. it's a shiny/reflective blackish chrome look. the evo 9s came with their headlights painted black chrome.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Sorry for taking so long, when tapatalk eliminated the option to upload photos it killed me because I rarely use my laptop and can't use social media on my work PC.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Oh wow! I didn't expect them to come out THAT good!
Holy crap! Even the turn signal is bright!

Deespeed99

Established Member
That looks awesome. Are you going to do a write up?!?!?!

No write up. It's basically tear apart the lights, bake/use a heat gun to separate the lights then paint and re-assemble. The key is patience though, it took me 6-8 hours PER light to separate. For some reason the glue on these is crazy strong.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I opened my 2012 lights up using the oven and heat gun. I had to bake them at around 230 for about 20 minutes, removed and carefully pried with screwdriver at lock tabs. I took me 4 rotations in oven to get the permaseal broke loose. I would recommend getting a set of the broken take offs from ebay to practice. That is what I did. I retrofitted mine with the Morimoto D2S projectors and 5k bulbs.

Last edited:

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I didnt really document what I did, but your best bet is to register on HID PLanet and search the how too there. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php?
Below are what mine looked like during the retro fit.

After opening and projectors installed
100_0326_resize.jpg

Bench testing
100_0327_resize.jpg

Finished product
100_0329_resize.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
awesome!!! I wonder how different the 13-14's are as far as retrofitting?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
awesome!!! I wonder how different the 13-14's are as far as retrofitting?

Being tha they are already projectors, I think it would be relatively less cutting, and more simple trimming to get what may possibly be a larger projector, depending on what you do with.

Users who are viewing this thread