Current order time

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Our current 08 GT is nearing the end of its lease, and I have been contemplating getting a new 5.0 as a daily driver in addition to my Eagle Talon race/play car(hoping to join the 200mph in Goliad soon). However, there is nothing on a lot around me (I searched via Ford's website in san antonio, san marcos and austin) with the options I want in a color I really want, so I was debating ordering one. Our lease in up in September(Actually I think October 1) though, and I am not sure of what the current "wait" is for unit. I want a premium, manual with 3.73s, brembos and security/hids. There is one in Austin, but it is black and has the comfort package (only $500 though). Both my first car and my talon are black, so I want something different. Our GT is Vapor and I have been happy with it, so I want a sterling, Ingot or Grabber 5.0. My Local dealer has a Ingot/brembos combo, but it has that ~$1200 "styling package" or whatever and I can't stand that hood scoop (sorry for the guys that opted for it...not my cup of tea.) Plus that dealer pulls the $400 added "protection package" on every car which they sell, so I would prefer not to buy form them (since they are pricks). I am X plan eligible form my in-laws(retired Ford) and through the company I work for, so that is not a problem.
AT any rate, sorry for the booze induced rambling, but I wanted to know if I ordered a car on Monday, could I get it by Oct 1? Will they try to locate a unit that I spec otherwise?

Thanks in advance fellas. :rockon:

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
Total crapshoot. I'd say you'd have a 30% - 40% chance of getting your car by 10/1 IF you ordered today.

Some people get their VINs very quickly and seem to get their cars pretty quickly (5 -7 weeks) while others, such as myself, wait 4 - 8 weeks for their VIN #s ALONE, which means it can take upwards of 12+ weeks to get your car. The general consensus seems to be this delay occurs when you order from a dealership who has used up all of their allocations and have to wait for more to open up. So I guess try and order from a larger dealership that is likely to have more allocations? That may work.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I ordered 6/1 and have a dealer eta of 8/7. Too close too call for 10/1.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
It's hard to say because it will depend on if the dealership you order it from has the allocation to have one built.

I ordered 6/2 and didn't get my VIN until the beginning of July (because of dealer allocation) and then my build date was 7/29 and the ETA I was given was 8/2 (no way that's going to happen, I'm thinking more of 8/16). So yeah it's hard to say, I've seen some people order and get a VIN within 1 week.

Driver72

Established Member
You should do ok
I ordered mine on July 1st (at the beginning of the two week plant close down) and I got a VIN this past week and mine is being built this upcoming week. Delivery should be late August.
So a total of less than 8 weeks including a 2 week period where the plant was on hiatus.
6-8 week should be no problem for delivery now.

KillaB

We ask No Quarter.....
Established Member
I ordered mine two weeks ago and dont have a VIN yet. I went to the dealer today to see if I could change one thing (spoiler delete) and I was able to do it. I met with the "order guru" at the dealership to do it and he said that my order should get picked up this week. Not sure why he thought that but it was something he saw in the system.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Order the car, and if your current lease is with Ford and the new car is late, they will work with you.

IIRC, it was not through Ford. I will talk to the dealer and feel them about putting me in a demo or somehting untill it comes in if I order it through them. I am alsoi going to try and locate one thorugh Ford's site and see how far away I can find what I want.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread