Current Fuel System Support E85?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Recently E85 has become more available in my area. I have searched and read alot of good info on this subject, but still feel hesitant on making the switch to corn. I am worried my fuel system may be insufficient, mostly my injectors being maxed out. My fuel system is as follows:

• Lethal Return 1000 whp Fuel System
  • Stryker 340 pumps
  • -10 feed/-8 return
  • SD 80# injectors

My car is only a weekend street toy, its a single turbo setup, and I am running max boost at 16-18 psi. Can my fuel system support the increase fuel demands of E85? Thanks for your opinions.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Your 80's are fine. You just might need to bump up the base fuel pressure a bit. Those Stryker 340's won't cut it though. I'd upgrade to the 465's and call it a day and never worry about it.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
I've made 950rwhp with twin 340's and a modified stock hat on e85. You are good to go on such low boost.

Was that with 80's and how much boost? Switching to E85 would 20# boost still be pretty conservative?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
No that was with 95lb injectors and 24lbs boost. As was mentioned, you will need to run more base fuel pressure. I was just letting you know you have enough pump capacity. Make the switch to e85 and don't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread