Curious as to what kinda power I should expect to make...

Blown01GT

Established Member
Putting it all together real soon...what should I expect?

2001 Forged Steen Cobra motor (9.5:1)
Stock heads (valve job)
Stock intake
Vortech SQ, GT impeller 3.125 RR pulley
AFM powerpipe
Pro-M universal MAF
55lb injectors
03 Cobra tank/pumps
Hooker LTs
O/R X pipe, magnaflows
Vortech mini race bypass
SCT tune by Ed Clark

Id like to make at least 500rwhp without the cooler, think Ill make it?

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Yup.
With the forged bottom end the tuner should be able to add more timing. If you can run 94 octane, you will be over 500RWHP.

I'm on the stock block, fat a/f over 5,000RPM's, and running 13 or 14 degrees of timing (can't recall) and running 94 octane. See numbers in sig. Never been into the motor either.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
my forged block is being built as we speak. I am running the same setup kind of except I am building mine for 18-24 lbs of boost so I am looking for high 500's with mine hopefully. I also went lower compression running a 9.0:1

99SVTcobraVERT

gt impellar with 3.1 pulley... um thats a shit load of boost, if you dont make 500rwhp then something is seriously wrong. esp when you add to the fact that you have long tubes. i mean with stock pulley guys with s trim with gt impellar are making 13lbs... so you should be prob over 15lbs EASY. esp with stock heads and intakes and thats even with touch lower compression. what kind of rpms you thinking of turning? 7500?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
you should make well over 600rwhp with that much boost.

venemous, with 18 to 24 psi, you should see close to 700rwhp

Blown01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
gt impellar with 3.1 pulley... um thats a shit load of boost, if you dont make 500rwhp then something is seriously wrong. esp when you add to the fact that you have long tubes. i mean with stock pulley guys with s trim with gt impellar are making 13lbs... so you should be prob over 15lbs EASY. esp with stock heads and intakes and thats even with touch lower compression. what kind of rpms you thinking of turning? 7500?
Im not sure about the RPMs, whatever the engine builder/tuner reccomends.

Ill set my mind to 500rwhp and if I make more I will be pleasantly surprised.

Blown01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by quadcammer
you should make well over 600rwhp with that much boost.

venemous, with 18 to 24 psi, you should see close to 700rwhp
Those are really impressive numbers, you must be using a bigger blower than the SQ.

Even though I will be making solid amounts of boost I dont move that much air with the SQ.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Originally posted by Blown01GT
Those are really impressive numbers, you must be using a bigger blower than the SQ.

Even though I will be making solid amounts of boost I dont move that much air with the SQ.

SQ means Super Quiet, that's not the trim. You could get an E-trim, SC-trim, or S-trim and maybe others in the SQ version.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i have a novi 2000(thats the biggest pos on the planet) but even so, with 17psi, 600rwhp should be no sweat.

99SVTcobraVERT

even with out of box chip tuned away from the car if you dont make 550+ and i mean w/o breaking sweat then something is SERIOUSLY wrong. you will make an easy 15psi... like i said a 3.60 pulley on stock cobra makes 13psi...

Blown01GT

Established Member
even with out of box chip tuned away from the car if you dont make 550+ and i mean w/o breaking sweat then something is SERIOUSLY wrong. you will make an easy 15psi... like i said a 3.60 pulley on stock cobra makes 13psi...
Remember that I am using a small blower.

A guy I know with the same setup as me, with p&p heads and an aftercooler made 600, so Im betting to make significantly less.

99SVTcobraVERT

i made more than what most guys on here that have aftercooler with about same mods and same boost. so aftercooler dont mean anything,yes its nice but not a must have. the pp heads also dont mean anything. there are poorly done heads out on the market from shops. i would bet the farm on 550

Blown01GT

Established Member
i made more than what most guys on here that have aftercooler with about same mods and same boost. so aftercooler dont mean anything,yes its nice but not a must have. the pp heads also dont mean anything. there are poorly done heads out on the market from shops. i would bet the farm on 550
I hope youre right, believe me.

99SVTcobraVERT

yeah i mean its in a way like the eaton where you just keep putting boost to it and it makes little difference because of btu's and the efficiency of the blower. however the s trim is fully able to make 15-16psi efficiently enough to make it worth the time and tune money. hell its rated at 20psi just keep your impellar rpms in check =)

Blown01GT

Established Member
yeah i mean its in a way like the eaton where you just keep putting boost to it and it makes little difference because of btu's and the efficiency of the blower. however the s trim is fully able to make 15-16psi efficiently enough to make it worth the time and tune money. hell its rated at 20psi just keep your impellar rpms in check =)
Do you think heat will be a large factor?

I have the apten cooling mod but I want to be able to make 500+ on pump gas.

Think its doable on 93?

99SVTcobraVERT

yes heat will be a factor on s trim after 13 with no cooler. just keep it under 15 and you should be fine though. ive seen them make great power and efficiently under 15. but at 16-17+ ive watched people switch to t trim and pick up at LEAST 50 at wheels and more tq. you should be able to do 13-14 on pump gas no worries. just make sure your tuner knows you dont plan on running 100+ and to keep your timing in check.

Blown01GT

Established Member
yes heat will be a factor on s trim after 13 with no cooler. just keep it under 15 and you should be fine though. ive seen them make great power and efficiently under 15. but at 16-17+ ive watched people switch to t trim and pick up at LEAST 50 at wheels and more tq. you should be able to do 13-14 on pump gas no worries. just make sure your tuner knows you dont plan on running 100+ and to keep your timing in check.

Well I will definately be using the 3.1 pulley and powerpips so I will make well over 14.

Blown01GT

Established Member
I spoke to the tuner and he said I should expect like 450-475 on pump gas.

That royally sucks. I had 400rwhp with a 2v now I have a forged 01 4v and all that money for 75rwhp?

Seems shitty.

Users who are viewing this thread