curious about the difference - Polish

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone in here has had some experience with Poorboys World Pro Polish 2? Good/Bad?

Any who how does it stack up against say PB SSR 2.5 / what is the difference between the two?

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pro Polish 2 works pretty well. As far as stacking up against 2.5, i'd say it is a little less aggressive than SSR 2.5. Pro Polish also contains some pretty strong cleaners like Pro Polish 1. They are probably pretty close, but as far as abrasives go, 2.5 has the edge IMO. What exactly are you looking to accomplish?

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Pro Polish 2 works pretty well. As far as stacking up against 2.5, i'd say it is a little less aggressive than SSR 2.5. Pro Polish also contains some pretty strong cleaners like Pro Polish 1. They are probably pretty close, but as far as abrasives go, 2.5 has the edge IMO. What exactly are you looking to accomplish?

I use them for basic paint correction, mostly my doing from washing and daily driving from time to time. I have always used the SSR line and couldn't find much on the Pro Polish line so was just curious in there comparison.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
I am not so sure if i am all that impressed with poorboys. I got ssr 1 and ssr 2.5 and the 2.5 is almost like water. Is it supposed to be that way? The ssr 1 has about the same consistency as most other liquid compounds/polishes//waxes ive seen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I use them for basic paint correction, mostly my doing from washing and daily driving from time to time. I have always used the SSR line and couldn't find much on the Pro Polish line so was just curious in there comparison.

Pro Polish 1 is just a cleaner polish, with no abrasives. They changed that with 2. 2 is mildly abrasive so you can level off some surface defects.

I would give the Wolfgang Total Swirl remover a try. We have it in stock and I can ship it out to you asap so you can give it a shot. I think you'll be pretty impressed with it. You're using a DA? or is this all by hand?

Here's the Wolfgang Swirl remover: Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0

Feel free to give me a call and I can chime in anywhere else to help you get an awesome finish.

mixxer

Established Member
Love the poorboys line but as far as paint correction goes it very far down on the totem pole. Tons of better options for beginners thru pro's.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I will keep the wolfgang line as well as lethal in mind when I do my next detail. I am using the PC 7424XP.

Awesome! If I can shed some light on anything else to get you going, just give me a call.

Since you're using the PC7424, you may want to take advantage of the 15% off group buy we are running for the Lake Country CCS pads. If the order gets over $100, i'll ship all of it for free. :thumbsup:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Love the poorboys line but as far as paint correction goes it very far down on the totem pole. Tons of better options for beginners thru pro's.

Kent is correct, Poorboy's line is great for waxes and other products but as far as polishes are concerned, you can find much better products.

Users who are viewing this thread