• CTS-V

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • 03/04 Cobra

Votes: 52 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bolinger06

Established Member
Its been talked about in here before but I wanna get some new opinions on it. 04' ctsv's are going for mid to low 20's, same thing as a 03/04 cobra. Only thing is most of the V's are stock besides maybe exhaust. You can get a modded cobra with alot more horse for the same price. The V is alot more expensive to mod but is alot classier car. My parents have an 07' STS Cadillac and people just seem to look at you different when you drive it. I'm gonna be getting one for sure for next summer, just not sure if i want power or class.

2k3gt

Established Member
Why do you say you have to choose between power and class?...you're aware that the CTS-V has power as well, right?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Man it's crazy that CTS-Vs are going for what Cobras go for..Those were $50,000 cars new!

Anyways, if you want a go fast car, Cobra all the way. If you want a luxury and a DD Caddy all the way. No one is going to be able to tell you what you prefer, go test drive both.

Last edited:

bolinger06

Established Member
Ya, I understand the Caddy has both, but not the power compared to the cobra for the price. Just looking for peoples opinion.

bmxer89

Established Member
Crazy there that cheap, caddys hold no resale value what so ever. Go with the cobra, more power for the $

DisposableHero

Established Member
i have almost both.. dont have a cobra, but have a really fast gt...

i prefer the cts-v almost any day of the week... actually didnt drive the mustang for 6 months after buying the V.

Its just so much of a better car its not even funny. Heated seats... navigation... comfort... list goes on.

Now its not a hotrod car really.. just a family car with balls.

I would buy whatever you feel you want.

Do you want a luxury car or a car you can make silly fast and feel like its your first car in high school?

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Buy a cobra and a beater for daily driving. What people look at you different when you drive a Caddy? Those that say to themselves what a snob? How many CTSV forums and car shows do you know of?
GL

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I really looked at getteing a v last year and after reading about the problems with there rear axles, and buttons falling off the stereo ect i decided to get my mitsibishi instead,

i love the looks and performance of the v's just not the track record they seem to carry with them?

just my 2 cents

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
CTS-V is prolly one of the most fun cars I've driven. I wouldn't bother with an 04-05 though, as it still had the LS6. 06-07 had the LS2 and upgraded diff/axles.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I voted CTS-V. I have always loved those cars and have seriously looked at trading the truck in on one. There is just something about see a luxury 4-door caddilac sitting in the parking lot then hear it start up and have the sound of a cammed LS.....I mean what better combination is out there...?!?!?!?!

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Is is interesting that the people that responed to the tread voting for the CTS-V don't have a 03-04 cobra in their sig.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
silver_bg.jpg

2004-cadillac-cts-v.jpg

Always thought the CTS-V was pretty goofy looking.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I just sold my 04 V to buy the 03 cobra.
They are totally different cars so what do you want it to do?
Caddi good:
Quite cabin
Options
Great ride quality
Great deals on them
I never met another V while driving
Great highway pulls
27mpg on the highway if you keep out of it.
cams/heads/intake are the same as the other lsx motors so their relativly cheap.

Caddi bad:
Weak rear diff
Wheels are 6 lug so changing wheels cost mega $$$ to get a nice set.
Radio buttons will start to lose their coating
Motor mounts go bad after 5k and will continue to go bad for the life of the car unless you buy some poly mounts
Car doesnt come with a spare and you'll have to buy a full size wheel/tire for it to work.
Motor/trans/drive shaft/rear is all mounted on cheap rubber that breaks down and you get clunks through out the driveline.

If you have any questions ask away.

Dogshark

Established Member
Minus the radio buttons, those are some pretty crappy cons. By that I mean they should really be taken into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread