CSVT vs LT1 Caprice

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
So here is the scoop my buddy calls me up and was messing with one of his friends, telling him that he knows of a contour that would smoke him. He says no way set it up. So he calls me and we meet up. We have a stretch of road out here that is in an area not developed on yet, so that is where we go for quick little one time blasts. It is just a stock early 90's caprice nothing special. But still funny nonetheless. From here I will let the video fill you in

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=766976002&n=2

My mods are:
Short throw
CAI
MSDS Headers
2.5 Offroad Y pipe
2.5 Magnaflo Catback
HMS Tranny w/ quaiffe

I posted it over on Contour.org but since it was on the street they locked it. So I figuered I would share it here :coolman: And before the street racing is bad people jump in I don't do this type of thing that often. I do most of my racing at the track.

Last edited:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
LOL "i'll beat him top end, i'll beat him top end"

at that point you had what......12 cars on him? rofl nice kill go csvt ftw!

LOL! The only chance that slug had was off the line, and he blew it! Top end, these things sing! Good ass whoopin', and glad you got it on video! :rockon:

Mark

Steeltwo

Established Member
a lt1 won't beat ANYTHING in the top end if it can't even keep up down low.

that motor has no top end power.

good kill!

kbgt

custom user title here
Established Member
Steeltwo said:
a lt1 won't beat ANYTHING in the top end if it can't even keep up down low.

that motor has no top end power.

good kill!
do you know anything about the lt1? i assume not cuz if you did you would have known it has great top end power just not in a beast of a car that the capri is in....by the way just to throw some facts out at you the lt1 has been in the corvette, trans am/camaro, capri/impala. anyway good kill

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
kbgt said:
do you know anything about the lt1? i assume not cuz if you did you would have known it has great top end power just not in a beast of a car that the capri is in....by the way just to throw some facts out at you the lt1 has been in the corvette, trans am/camaro, capri/impala. anyway good kill
I didn't know Mercury put the LT1 in the Capri. That's crazy!

Steeltwo

Established Member
kbgt said:
yes I know about the lt1.

Especially the version thats in the caprice mentioned as my friend has one.

it is a great vechile around town and is a good stop light machine, but up top they aren't nearly as great as they are down low.
The way the torque hits so low in the rev band really dumps you back in the seat. But the top end is nowhere near it's strong point.

i've also ridden in a 96 or 97 z, and the impression was the same. Great from a low punch. maybe as both were auto's and sapped the top end? but I do not think that is the case.

, there is a station wagoned lt1 caprice around town with the works.(blower,cam and all the supporting mods)
that thing has nice top end :)

Last edited:

loudsvt

Established Member
hey your car sounds sweet, what all do you have done to it, looks pretty fast i have a 1998 csvt and it sounds almost like yours, yours is a little louder

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
loudsvt said:
hey your car sounds sweet, what all do you have done to it, looks pretty fast i have a 1998 csvt and it sounds almost like yours, yours is a little louder

Short throw
CAI
MSDS Headers
2.5 Offroad Y pipe
2.5 Magnaflo Catback
HMS Tranny w/ quaiffe

I took it out to the track before i blew the tranny with just intake and it went 15.6@89. Whenever I race my buddy who has a 90 Thunderbird SC which runs consistent 14.8's @93. When we race he usually gets me by about a half a car out of the hole and then I pull him in at about 85 or so and creep past him. Unless I spin bad than of course he will beat me.

I am honestly scared to go back to the track with it, it is my Daily driver and I don't want to break it AGAIN (wheel hop scares me :-D ) Plus I always usually take the race car out to the track :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread