CSVT vs. Integra GSR

SpookSVT

Established Member
Last night a couple friends of mine and I were just out cruising. Me and my one friend who has a 2000 Integra GSR (intake, catback, short throw, they make 170-180HP stock) got caught up at a light. Light turns green we both take off normal, I give it a little gas just to get moving and he takes it as me wanting to race.

He punches it and gets a car on me. Luckily I was at 4000RPM so the secondaries were open. I reel him in fast and and am at his fender when I miss the 1-2 :bash: . He misses 2nd as well and I get it in before he does and wind out 2nd. He was on it in second immendiatly after I was. I had a car and a half on him in second while walking away. Then I hit third and the space starts to grow fast. By the top of third I had a good 5 cars on him from what I could tell, possibly more from what happens later. I go through 4th a little and I have almost 2 busses on him, which makes me think he let out.

We go to Taco Bell afterwards and he his mad! So this makes me think he was still on it while I was in 4th. He says I have a fully built up motor when it's just a rebuilt 3L with headers and the heads were just ported to accept the SVT manifolds and I just cleaned up the casting and smoothed the intake and exhaust ports. I'd hate to see what would've happened if I had a tune on this thing as guys are putting down just shy 200whp with nothing more than a tune for high test with full 3L swaps. That or I had the stock final drive ratio in, 4.06 to the 3.82 I have in the car now.

I thought I did good considering I have a good 300lbs on him. The car is absolutely beautiful looking and well kept. He's real cool and took it well so I'm happy with that.

It was was a good night altogether, except for the scare I had. After that run the car died on me. I'm sitting at a 4 lane highway intersection trying to start my car. It won't and I'm getting frustrated. I find out it's the wiring harness that goes to the coil, the clip is broke and it likes to pop off under WOT. The wire tie I had on it got hot and expanded which allowed it to slip off. I gotta fix that now :D .

This was my first real test in this car and has proven itself well so I'm happy.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Nice Kill!

I used to have a 99 mercury cougar with the 2.5 Duratech in it. I had always wanted to do the 3liter swap but I just got tired of the front wheel drive. I had wheelhop so bad.....One night at the track, it was so bad the whole cd player fell out of the dash while I was making a pass..... :whine:

But you have the urethane motor mounts so it shouldnt be as bad.....Are you running 13's yet in the 1/4? I know DemonSVT ran 13's with a similar 3 liter hybrid motor with full porting and dual exhaust......

I ended up running a BEST of 10.5 in the 1/8th mile with basically a bone stock car except for the GMK Cold Air intake...... :bowdown:

SpookSVT

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
But you have the urethane motor mounts so it shouldnt be as bad.....Are you running 13's yet in the 1/4? I know DemonSVT ran 13's with a similar 3 liter hybrid motor with full porting and dual exhaust......

I ended up running a BEST of 10.5 in the 1/8th mile with basically a bone stock car except for the GMK Cold Air intake...... :bowdown:

I will have urethane filled mounts on the next setup I do. But I do have urethane front control arm bushings as well as boxed control arms, they REALLY tighten the car up up front. With the mounts and then a strut brace the front will be VERY tight. I haven't launched the car yet but I have no hop in first when romping on it even with the 3L cams which make alot of TQ down low.

I'm really not worried about launching anyway because most cars around here are FWD and going from a roll seems to be all anyone does. Plus I like running in the back roads in the twisties more.

Demon doesn't have a hybrid, it's a full 3L setup with the SVT goodies. He ran that 13 on DR's too.

My next setup will be N/A, I have some custom trick parts I'm designing and working on so it should be pretty badass. Plus I want to go back to the 4.06 FD ratio to get the car accelerating so much quicker from stops and out of corners. I don't do enough highway driving for the 3.82 FD to do any good and to keep me in the cars powerband better

Users who are viewing this thread