CSVT kill

Steeltwo

Established Member
since someone else posts up their csvt kill, figured I should post my little race I had from a local stoplight a few days ago.

This is the second race with this specific Superchicken. More will know is as the Thunderbird S/C. RWD, (i think)220hp 300lbs of torque.

First race went something like this. When I bought my SVT it had crappy front tires. Some worn ass duncraps that would wheel hop so bad in 1st that change would pop out of my change tray and land in my lap.

So on a nice warm summer day, about 2 weeks after purchasing this fine automobile, I am driving to the mall to pick up some stuff.

When what do I see, a famous superchicken with a g/f(hot) riding shotgun. Missing a front bumper, so I knew it was fast, if the front bumper got sucked into the blower.

After a few stabs from a roll we finally hit a light.
Knowing all too well how poor my svt is off the line I try to get out first.
Green hits, my svt hops, throws a quarter in my lap, and he's up by 1/2 a link by the end of 1st. @nd comes and he gains for the first part of the gear, then I even it off at the end of 2nd. 3rd starts to run up and I start creeping back would need the middle of 4th to pass him, not enough room, we both hit the brakes. Ahhh crap, I bet he is going to get a hummer now for winning :(

Chalk up one for the chicken. But I always wondered what would happen with good traction in 1st gear. I know i'd get out torqued up to 30-40. But with a good launch, figured I could at least be 1/2 a link down by the time 40-45 came rolling around.

Fast foward to a few weeks ago.
It's winter, but with no snow on the road, you can still have some straight line fun.
I leave for the mall again, and decide to take the long way as it's nice out(30 degrees :poke: )
at a different light, I notice someone a few cars ahead. Could it be :dw:
it is :pepper:
black superchicken but I believe I see a front bumper :??:
after a 1/2 mile or so I get up next to it. And I do beleive it was the same driver minus the woman.

so I drop it into 3rd and give it some gas. Dude looks over with a big smile, I hear it drop a gear and go. I was waiting for this, and push it to the firewall.
initial hit was his, but all he got was his new bumper ahead of mine. Within 500 rpm's he was looking at my unwashed 1/4 panel decal that says 24v high output(its the stock one btw)
redlines coming soon, and the chicken is eating my fake dual y piped exhaust and he is a few feet off my bumper. Hit the brakes, he goes flying by and he hits his brakes.

we goose it back and forth. Both waiting for a red.

Yathtzee!! :banana:
redlight.
I look over and he has the BIGGEST grin on his face. He knows, the csvt is the worst off the line car ever created. and the MASSIVE 168lbs of torque @ the crank can make it wheel hop so bad it has been known to throw the transmission out of gear.

i'm waiting and waiting. Dude is on the brake and gas getting ready.
my heart start pumping a little more as these two mid-low 15 second BEASTS are about to rip up the pavement in a display of power not witnessed in more than a thousand years.

GREEN
clutch out, 3500rpm drop and WTF, my svt hooks. The bfg rubber actually HOOKED. I was actually set back in a seat about 3/4 of an inch.
He peels out a bit, and i've got a 1/4 panel on him going out of 1st, hit second and the tires did a yelp, foot planted to the oil pan I watch as he creeps back up, until the magic number comes around. He gained back the 1/4 panel, at the first half of 2nd, but then I stop his pull. In the last bit of 2nd I start inching. Figuing what the hell, power shift third and see what happens.
the inching, turns to creeping, creeping to walking, by the end of 3rd it was more of a fat ladies power walk. He's not off it, and this is a good stretch of road with no inlets for a good 2 miles, so I put it into 4th and bring the 195hp to bare.

The car is screaming, i'm probly screaming too as the mighty superchicken is geting it ass plucked. By the middle of 4th he lets off, as do I.
not sure on the lead, but it was getting nasty.

he goes by, I give him a wave, then head to the mall.

good times......god my tour is slow :)

Last edited:

MOTIV8

Anything Fast
Established Member
haha, nice post and kill. and if you bought your CSVT for straight line performance...i am truly sorry for you, LOL. fun car, enjoy it...i know i am.

04blackSVT

Established Member
Very funny, You told one hell of a story! Good kill. I hope you didn't rip the steering wheel off then all your torque hooked up. Once again good kill!

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Great story and nice kill!

It's been a while since I've heard anyone refer to them as 'Thunderchickens'

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
You're a very good story teller! I haven't taken an CSVT up in the rpm's past 2nd. Do they have a pretty good power band after 2nd because I've also driven a couple T-bird S/C's and those seemed a lot faster to me than the Contours.

Once again, funny way of posting a kill. Good kill by the by. You deserve a hummer.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
I spanked a 98 contour in my 5spd tbirdsc. I had intake,exhaust,5% pulley,b&m shifter,raised SC top, and ported intercooler tubes. We started from a dead stop, it wasnt pretty.

good kill, could you hear his blower whining? If not, then he probably didnt have good mods. Sounded like an automatic too, since he was powerbraking the launch.

Last edited:

Steeltwo

Established Member
MissionMan said:
I spanked a 98 contour in my 5spd tbirdsc. I had intake,exhaust,5% pulley,b&m shifter,raised SC top, and ported intercooler tubes. We started from a dead stop, it wasnt pretty.

good kill, could you hear his blower whining? If not, then he probably didnt have good mods. Sounded like an automatic too, since he was powerbraking the launch.

yeah it was an auto.

and I could hear the blower wine, it was loud too, as was the exhaust. Not 03 cobra w/intake loud. But pretty loud.

My svt has a clogged main cat and an intake w/heatshield. Figured the csvt did well against a car with 1.3L more displacement and a electric sander under the bonnet.

i like how low and meaty the tbird sc's look plus of course that wine under the hood grabs my attention.

and no for motiv8, I bought the svt because it was a quick grocery getter that I could haul people around in(and it can autox). My dsm is the choice for a serious ass beating. It puts buses on my svt at only 12psi. It would have torn that poor tbird apart and made it look like a sandpiper trying to defend its eggs.

for the tbird guy, how does the tbird s/c fare against the V8 tbird with the 4.6?

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
i had a 94 4.6L tbird lx and a 1990 tbird sc 5spd

my 4.6 wan no match for the SC. Not even close. Ill plop some pictures on here when i get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread