CSVT Failure to start Help!!

03reptile

Established Member
I need some quick advise. My daughter's 99 Contour SVT has been failing to start periodically. Turn on ignition , push in clutch and nothing. After Off and On several times and pushing clutch in, it will start. I'm a 1000 miles away so can't do proper diagnosis. I'm thinking the safety switch that prevents the car from starting w/o the clutch being depressed is the culprit. The battery is new and cables are clean and tight. What do you all think? Any other possible culprits? Appreciate any feedback youall can provide!

Ds2000Svt

My best guess would be the clutch switch as you mentioned or possibly something to do with the ignition switch which is affected by turning the key on and off repeatedly. If you have not yet checked out contour.org, I'm sure you can search and find an answer there.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Can she her the fuel pump coming on? I would start with the clutch safety switch

1RAWSVT

clutch safety switch , wheres that at?..i just bought my car and its the same thing, cranks but wont start, and also it has been sittting in the previous owners drive way because he deployed to iraq since o5..

elraido

Established Member
clutch safety switch , wheres that at?..i just bought my car and its the same thing, cranks but wont start, and also it has been sittting in the previous owners drive way because he deployed to iraq since o5..

Why do I want to say the 2000's had a fuel sock on the fuel pump. If that is the case, take out the fuel pump and take off the sock....it doesn't need to be there.

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
mine does it every once and a while, mines always been the cam poss sensor, located on the pass side, unplug it with the key on, plug it back in, turn key off, then try and restart it, works for me, hope that helps

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Why do I want to say the 2000's had a fuel sock on the fuel pump. If that is the case, take out the fuel pump and take off the sock....it doesn't need to be there.

I think they all came with socks. At least my 96 did. I personally would leave it there. Id rather have the sock gunk up and save the life of the fuel pump then have the fuel pump screen gunk up and your fuel pump fails.

Users who are viewing this thread