• Crystal White

Votes: 83 85.6%
  • Oxford White

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I am getting my car painted in a few weeks and I was curious what your guys's take was between oxford white and crystal white. Pick one for the survey and then post your take for me!

Thanks

Matt

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I see a difference... My 97 was is/was crystal white and my buddy just bought an oxford white 03... The oxford white isn't as "white" as the crystal... Its a little darker. I wanna say "duller", but thats not the right term.

The reason I didn't get an oxford white 03 was because of that reason. I prefer the crystal white.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I want it as white as white can be! Like when you look at snow while the sun is shinning on it....and you have to look away! Thats what I want!

pottsy

Established Member
Crystal White for sure....I agree with the earlier statement, Oxford white is a "dimmer" color. I like how bright Crystal White is.

The poll is a little lopsided, haha.

Illson 94 SVT

Banned
Crystal White indeed. I always thought cobras should be black, something about a black car just invokes fear if you know the owner is into cars, like a reflection of themselfs. But i too am getting my car painted after i drop my motor in and i did actually consider white beacuse it does look VERY elegant in white. Then i looked at my ball pythons jet black and changed my mind.

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
Good choice.
The crystal white looks a little brighter than the oxford white. I can tell the difference when the Cobra(crystal) is parked next to the Lightning(oxford).

Good luck

Laurence

porkchop

Established Member
Oxford white is similar to refrigerator white. Chrystal White Clearcoat has a very slight bluish base which brings out the white even more (think HIDs) then topped off with a gloss clearcoat. CWC is probably the "whitest" of any OE color on any brand. You could have a parking lot full of white cars and you can see CWC stand out like a sore thumb. The only downside I can think of is that the color is very difficult to capture on film accurately just like taking pics of snow without underexposing.

P.S. Just look at every CWC picture in this forum and you'll notice how the details all seem "washed out" or "blurry".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread