Crysis 2

Panic661

Established Member
Anyone playing this game yet? I've got it on PC, the campaign is pretty fun for the most part, multiplayer server aren't really up for it yet, and the servers I have joined aren't great..like any game, people are camping and abusing certain things, such as the cloak mode etc.

Just wondering if anyones got this game on PC or Xbox (not sure if they released this game for the ps3) and their thoughts on it.

bam

Established Member
It is out for PS3, and I'm also interested in hearing opinions.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
funny story,

I saw a crysis 2 commercial for the first time about 4 weeks ago, and during it my FiOS box stuttered and the screen went pixelated for a couple of seconds before it reset itself and the picture was fine.

Crysis 2, so hardcore it lagged my TV!

Haven't picked it up yet, but if it's anything like the first one it'll be 3 years before anyone can run it on Ultra/AA/AF on 1920x or 2560x.

oh this is for PC of course, consoles suck a big one.

Mayo5

Established Member
funny story,

I saw a crysis 2 commercial for the first time about 4 weeks ago, and during it my FiOS box stuttered and the screen went pixelated for a couple of seconds before it reset itself and the picture was fine.

Haven't picked it up yet, but if it's anything like the first one it'll be 3 years before anyone can run it on Ultra/AA/AF on 1920x or 2560x.

:lol:

Panic661

Established Member
funny story,

No, Crysis 2 only has 3 settings, and even my Radeon 6870 is running it on the highest just fine.

Campaign like I said is entertaining, multiplayer so far isn't great, I'm just hoping that it picks up shortly.

Alot of guys that have 2 thousand dollar plus gaming computers are extremely disappointed because they were expecting Crysis 2 to be alot like the first to where only a massive computer would run it on the highest settings.

rjs281

Established Member
The single player isn't bad on the 360. Real nice looking,but the control could be better. The multiplayer sucks! Nothing good i can say about it. This is a rental at best.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
No, Crysis 2 only has 3 settings, and even my Radeon 6870 is running it on the highest just fine.

Campaign like I said is entertaining, multiplayer so far isn't great, I'm just hoping that it picks up shortly.

Alot of guys that have 2 thousand dollar plus gaming computers are extremely disappointed because they were expecting Crysis 2 to be alot like the first to where only a massive computer would run it on the highest settings.

well that sucks. half the fun of crysis was maxxing out sick systems just for the lulz.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Yea..but i don't have a grand to spend on dual ATI 7970s or w/e they are..lol.

6990's are the dual-gpu on one pcb cards right now for ATi. The highest single gpu is the 6970. I currently run a 6950, which is a 6970 gimped by software.

Hell tomshardware STILL uses crysis in it's standard benchmark suites. It would be loleriffic if crysis remained in the suite over crysis 2 because 2 can't max out systems.

Panic661

Established Member
BF3 will be a good one..Metro2033 on max settings is a beast, but the game sucks in my opinion.

And I was talking a bout 6970s in xfire..but yea.. Crysis 2 won't be a benchmark for anything... I think most laptops can play it, lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I will probably rent crysis2. Unless my archaic 8800gtx will run it....

Crysis1 had a pretty fun campaign though i got annoyed killing the same korean faced soldier.....

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Time to crossfire some 6990 4gb's.....

But really, I keep hearing that it has less requirements than crysis 1. I will probably not be buying it.

AKcobra

Established Member
I was all hyped to get this, and my buddy called to say "pass on it". So i'm gonna rent it first. Anyone try Bulletstorm yet? My buddy also said it was a pass. Maybe he expects too much.

Panic661

Established Member
Games lately seem to be pretty crappy. I haven't tried Bulletstorm yet. Homefront looks crappy imo. Crysis 2..will most likely be a campaign only game..

Users who are viewing this thread