Cruisin' OC Action Thread - Meets/Pictures/Drama here

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sounds like the cops are making it hard to have a good time. I guess they have nothing better to do on the eastern shore. None of that stuff has ever happened to me at Superfest the past 7 years. I 'll be heading to VIR for it next weekend if anybody wants to join me.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Finally home after a 4 hr drive that should of taken 3. Damn traffic on 1.

I raced about 10 cars total. Ill call it 9 and a draw vs a vortec c6z. We were 2win 1 lose but he should beat me everytime making 80more tw and 20more hp.

All wrapped up and back in the garage. Zero tickets. No pull overs. Nothing. Another good year down there.

Huff035

Established Member
5C254830-0671-4245-A88A-2FC89B7B824E_zpsack0wcxs.jpg

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Ocean City makes lots of $$$ on these special weekends. Sure there is some tax revenue in it for the local government I'd assume but it seems like the OCPD try to make it a windfall for the city by issuing citations. A few years ago a friend got harassed in his Pantera which did not have windshield wipers (Had the wipers inside the car). He got a fine instead of being given the opportunity to put the wipers on the car.

A while back a similar money grabbing scenario was happening to the biker crowd. Friend went down and they'd park four bikes per spot and pay the meter. OCPD was issuing parking tickets citing only 1 bike per meter. Following year everybody parked 1 bike per meter and they bitched that all the bikes were taking up all the parking spots.:rollseyes

bpmurr

Established Member
Ocean City makes lots of $$$ on these special weekends. Sure there is some tax revenue in it for the local government I'd assume but it seems like the OCPD try to make it a windfall for the city by issuing citations. A few years ago a friend got harassed in his Pantera which did not have windshield wipers (Had the wipers inside the car). He got a fine instead of being given the opportunity to put the wipers on the car.

A while back a similar money grabbing scenario was happening to the biker crowd. Friend went down and they'd park four bikes per spot and pay the meter. OCPD was issuing parking tickets citing only 1 bike per meter. Following year everybody parked 1 bike per meter and they bitched that all the bikes were taking up all the parking spots.:rollseyes

That's my problem with all this. It's not about safety and lack of compliance with the law. It's just about a money grab.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Wow I didnt see any of the accidents that poor cobra it sucks seeing that. And a wrecked zr1? That would make my stomach turn. My father was looking at them as his retirement car.

And damn I cant believe all you guys got tickets for parking behined dead freddies... I wonder if it was private property and the owner called? if not than thats just dirty and money grabbing by the ocpd.

I think it really needs to be boycotted one show and let all the business owners bitch at the local government cause this wknd is before the offical start of summer beach season and EVERYTHING was open already down there cause the business know its a money making wknd. Or possibly move it outside of city limits like what they do with bike week.

As a side note I didn't see as many state troopers as ive seen im years past.

And I was at hooters with my gf and an ocpd rode by on a bike and she turned to me and said is that a real gun and I said yeah looks like a s&w revolver and she said he looks 12 and why did they give him a gun and he heard her and turned around and mean mugged us lol.

bpmurr

Established Member
Wow I didnt see any of the accidents that poor cobra it sucks seeing that. And a wrecked zr1? That would make my stomach turn. My father was looking at them as his retirement car.

And damn I cant believe all you guys got tickets for parking behined dead freddies... I wonder if it was private property and the owner called? if not than thats just dirty and money grabbing by the ocpd.

I think it really needs to be boycotted one show and let all the business owners bitch at the local government cause this wknd is before the offical start of summer beach season and EVERYTHING was open already down there cause the business know its a money making wknd. Or possibly move it outside of city limits like what they do with bike week.

As a side note I didn't see as many state troopers as ive seen im years past.

And I was at hooters with my gf and an ocpd rode by on a bike and she turned to me and said is that a real gun and I said yeah looks like a s&w revolver and she said he looks 12 and why did they give him a gun and he heard her and turned around and mean mugged us lol.

The State Trooper presence was minimal this year. I believe the OCPD has beefed up it's force. Of course I got pulled by one of the few down there.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The State Trooper presence was minimal this year. I believe the OCPD has beefed up it's force. Of course I got pulled by one of the few down there.

OCPD probably brought it's summer workforce in early. The summer cops are the ones that get off on pulling you over for stupid crap like the front plates.

bpmurr

Established Member
OCPD probably brought it's summer workforce in early. The summer cops are the ones that get off on pulling you over for stupid crap like the front plates.

I looked up the officer to see if he was a summer cop but he's part of the permanent force. Knowing that he's permanent I would have expected a little less cocky and more professional attitude. You can tell when an officer is just doing their job and when one is on a power trip.

Last edited:

Huff035

Established Member
He said he couldn't press any charges at the time since he didn't see it happen. But said charges could be filed later. Their insurance company has already contacted me and has said full fault is on them.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
He said he couldn't press any charges at the time since he didn't see it happen. But said charges could be filed later. Their insurance company has already contacted me and has said full fault is on them.

Very cool man - Are you going to keep the car or let insurance take it?

Huff035

Established Member
Very cool man - Are you going to keep the car or let insurance take it?

No, I'll definitely be keeping it. I just got the motor built, it only has about 1100 miles on it. 20 over teksid with Cp pistons and all the ARP stuff, its ready for a twin screw. If they total it, I'll end up parting it out. I'd rather them total it... it'll never be the same. And this woudl kill the resale value of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread