cruise control recall heads up

The $6 Man

Dopetastic K. Shizzle
Established Member
I had the cruise control recall done a few years ago and they did not replace the sensor since it was not leaking at the time, just put in the fused harness. Well I noticed the other day that mine was spewing out brake fluid and Ford would not replace it since it had been over a year since they installed the fused harness. Anyway, you all may just want to periodically check the switch if it wasn't replaced or just replace it for peace of mind. Takes about 5 minutes and you don't have to bleed the brakes after replacing it. The revised part is 1L1Z-9F924-AA. It cost me $23 (Ford wanted $180 to replace it....b.s.). I've heard that these vehicles can still catch on fire even with the fused harness.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Had mine done today. My buddy did it and I watched. The kit comes with a new switch and harness. This is what he said "We usually don't bother replacing the switch if it looks good, but since it's for you I'm doing it."

So if you have it done you may want to mention they replace the supplied switch as well.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
I need to go get mine done. Been waiting for them to get the parts, I got a letter a week ago saying they have them

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Finally had mine done a few weeks ago and they said they only replace the sensor if it's leaking so I only got the harness. Actually they asked me if it was leaking, I should of just said yes, it's leaking, heh.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It takes the tech 2 minutes to change the switch too. Maybe Eric can confirm this, but the recall kit I saw included that switch.

Users who are viewing this thread