Cruise Control Question

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
I have an 02 GT with a 4v and t56 out of an 03 cobra that I would like to reattach cruise control to, but I have never gone about attempting to do something like this and would like to know its level of difficulty. My GT originally had cruise, still has the steering wheel with the switches for it and everything, I'm just not familiar with how similar/different the cruises' are between the two cars. Can I just install the cruise control cervo and cable from an 03 cobra and be done, or is it much more complicated than that? Any info on this would be great. Thanks!

FSTBK65

Established Member
I think the cable for the GT and Cobra are different lengths. I had a Bullitt cable and it was shorter than the Cobra. Not 100% sure about a standard GT though. You could definately just buy the right cable for the 03 cobra.

As far as I know, the servo is the same for the GT and Cobra. That's what the local salvage yard told me. I bought one on Ebay. The ad said GT/Cobra, and it plugged into my cobra harness fine.

The cable comes off of the servo pretty easily. There is a plastic piece that holds the cable and then a metal clip holding it in the servo.

Pull the dr front wheel, and inner fender. Then there are two bolts for the bracket and unplug the servo. Unhook the cable and feed it through the fenderwell.

Not that hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread