Cruise Control Issues??

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
last night i was driving to meet some friends and when i stopped i heard a ticking coming from what sounded like the column covers? it may have been close to the cluster or steering wheel? anyway i stopped and listened it. i finaly gave up as i wasnt about to tare into the dash right there. anyway on the way home i heard it again and then it just stopped. so i get on the freeway to to come home and the damn cruise will nto work! i have been havin alittle trouble with the cruise since i bought the car i have to play with the brake pedal to get it to work, but its usualy no problems. my cruise will not work at all now nomatter what i try! anyone have an idea or experienced this?

Emil

Established Member
Don't know about the clicking sound but it sounds like the brake switch is misadjusted or just bad. Maybe your brake lights are sticking on. There is also a switch on the clutch to turn off the cruise too, make sure it's working properly.

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
yeah i figued the brake light switch was mis adjusted also but the lights do work fine i already checked that, and the tickng is onyl heard at stops, and ive actualy only heard it whiel sitting for a few second with the car in nuetral, which i doubt has anything to do with it. im tech myslef and i have never heard anything liek this. im not sure if the 2 are related but sure sems funny they happend at the same time. is it possible maybe i have a wiring problem and was hearing an arc? is was kinds speratic.

redstaf426

Established Member
Originally posted by projekZERO
yeah i figued the brake light switch was mis adjusted also but the lights do work fine i already checked that, and the tickng is onyl heard at stops, and ive actualy only heard it whiel sitting for a few second with the car in nuetral, which i doubt has anything to do with it. im tech myslef and i have never heard anything liek this. im not sure if the 2 are related but sure sems funny they happend at the same time. is it possible maybe i have a wiring problem and was hearing an arc? is was kinds speratic.
I think you are just paranoid:D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Oh, and check to see if the ticking noise is not your clutch pedal flapping. That is a different issue (TOB/retainer).

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Be careful, as paranoya is this car's middle name. I've heard more oddball noises from my terminator than I ever had with any other car.

Hell, even my radio is POSSESSED. I feel like I'm driving Christine. :D

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
tell me about it! I had to do a three point turnabout on a slopped road and I heard all sorts of noises coming from the rear window/seat area....weird to say the least!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
it was all a bunch of squeaking/creaky sounds. :nonono:

It's a shame they didn't call this the EXORCIST instead of the TERMINATOR. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread