Cruise Control and Fuel Systems?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Had the fuel system changed to a return style and my cruise control no longer works. Did some research and replaced the vehicle speed sensor but still no worky. I guess my next question would be, does this function work with a return style system or does the CC rely on returnless style which is electronically controlled?

Janstang

Established Member
Where did they route the feed and return line? The driverside fenderwell is where the servo motor and the associated cruise control stuff is located. There is also a fuse for the system. If you haven't already, check for a blown fuse and make sure something didn't get unhooked in the fenderwell.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Where did they route the feed and return line? The driverside fenderwell is where the servo motor and the associated cruise control stuff is located. There is also a fuse for the system. If you haven't already, check for a blown fuse and make sure something didn't get unhooked in the fenderwell.

Not sure to be honest, I'm having some other non related issues so I've been working on that mostly. I will look into the fuse, thanks.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I had return style on the 99 and the cruise worked just fine. Look for the simple things first... is the CC cable still connected at the throttle body? I have had it pop off of our 01 before.

-Kevin

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I had return style on the 99 and the cruise worked just fine. Look for the simple things first... is the CC cable still connected at the throttle body? I have had it pop off of our 01 before.

-Kevin

found it above the throttle cable, gray plastic piece for me. Appears to be connected and it opens the throttle when I pull on it, I chased the wire until it went into the drivers side fendwell and I'm not sure where it goes to from there...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread