Cruise and either KB or Whipple shop tour?

Which shop would you rather cruise to and tour?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
I had the idea a few days ago to try to organize a group tour of either the Kenne Bell shop in Rancho Cucamonga, or the Whipple shop in Fresno. I just got off the phone with reps from both companies, and the Whipple tour is definitely a go, and the KB tour is a definite possibility. Who would be interested in attending something like this in the near future?

Edit: The tentative date for this event is 4-16-10, which is a Friday. Please post if you're going to be free, or able to free up that day, and which shop you would prefer to visit, or both. This is so I can get somewhat of an accurate count of attendees so I can let our hosts know.

Last edited:

cobra_matt

Established Member
I had the idea a few days ago to try to organize a group tour of either the Kenne Bell shop in Rancho Cucamonga, or the Whipple shop in Fresno. I just got off the phone with reps from both companies, and the Whipple tour is definitely a go, and the KB tour is a definite possibility. Who would be interested in attending something like this in the near future?

That sounds pretty cool. I'd rather tour the Whipple facility but the KB facility is much closer, so I'll vote for KB.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I'm down for either. Maybe hit KB as a feeler, and if it all works out hit whipple the next month. Or it would be sick to do a gumball-esk event and dedicate an entire weekend and do both shops.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
I'm down for either. Maybe hit KB as a feeler, and if it all works out hit whipple the next month. Or it would be sick to do a gumball-esk event and dedicate an entire weekend and do both shops.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

gumball... you're a trip. Also, if I had to be around you for an entire weekend, I would gouge my eyes out with a spork.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Wow we were just talking about doing a club GTG at Whipple, maybe even toss a few stangs on the dyno, would be a cool joint meet if your interested.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Wow we were just talking about doing a club GTG at Whipple, maybe even toss a few stangs on the dyno, would be a cool joint meet if your interested.

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you're planning. I'd like to get this thing off the ground pretty quick, as I'd like to keep it somewhat of a small event. I dont want to overrun Mike @ Whipple. He's already OK'd the tour, I just need to let him know the date. Right now, the date is Friday the 16th of April, very tentatively. I need to know how many people are willing/able to get off work that Friday to cruise up to Fresno. And the polls are still open, so KB is still a definite possibility, although, it still needs to be OK'd by the owner. :beer:

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Post up if you want to go and are gonna be able to go on the 16th. Also say which shop you'd be down to go to, if not both.

02saleen

Established Member
I would be interested but Fridays don't work for me. I got to school and I work those days so the weekend would be better for me.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Alright, it looks like the votes are in favor of Kenne Bell. I'm still waiting to hear back from Mike, but I'm going to call him tomorrow to follow up on my email. Don't make any solid plans yet if you plan on attending. The KB tour isn't set in stone yet, but I have a good feeling that we'll get the owners "ok" on the deal. With any luck, I'll know something tomorrow, and I'll be sure to let you all know ASAP.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
UPDATE

I just spoke with Mike @ KB, and my proposal has been printed out and placed on the owner's desk. Unfortunately, the owner isn't expected to be in until Saturday or Sunday, so hopefully I have good news for you guys on Monday :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread