Crower Valve Springs Issue GT500

redrockett

Established Member
I purchased the Stage 2 Crower cams for my GT500 part# 62822-4 and spring and retainer kit 84710 for the 5.4 4V DOHC. The exhaust side seems to be fine but the springs that go on the intake side seem to be too short and will not work. Has anyone else run into this? It didn't recommend shims or anything. I saw on Modular Fords where one guy had the same issue but never saw a resolution to the problem. I also spoke to another guy that ran into this but just sent his springs and retainers back to Crower and purchased Manley. Surely these have to work somehow or Crower wouldn't sale them?? Thanks for any help with this problem. I have emailed Crower and waiting their response but in the meantime just curious what others have done in this situation. Thanks again for your help!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
as per our discussion just keep the cams and go with the manley part#'s i gave you...they are correct and all that you need...i too ran into the exact issue you did, my builder ordered everything as per my instructions only to find out the springs werent correct...for anyone needing this info just pm me but the crower recomended springs donot work..i wound up sending all my springs and retainers back and my very reputable engine builder ordered the proper manley springs and retainers...works like a charm. I suggest you dont waste your time with the crower springs and retainers...send it all back order the manley part#s i gave you and call it a day....

Last edited:

redrockett

Established Member
as per our discussion just keep the cams and go with the manley part#'s i gave you...they are correct and all that you need...i too ran into the exact issue you did, my builder ordered everything as per my instructions only to find out the springs werent correct...for anyone needing this info just pm me but the crower recomended springs donot work..i wound up sending all my springs and retainers back and my very reputable engine builder ordered the proper manley springs and retainers...works like a charm. I suggest you dont waste your time with the crower springs and retainers...send it all back order the manley part#s i gave you and call it a day....

I think that is what I will do. I just spoke to the guy that is doing the work on my car and I told him you gave me the exact part #s for the springs and retainers and you have definitely proven they work. Thank you very much for your help with this!

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I just ordered Comp springs for mine, and I had to order two different part numbers for the intake and exhaust.

redrockett

Established Member
No, I did a bunch of research and found others having problems with the Crowers.

I thought I did enough before I purchased the Crowers but I mainly did the research on the cams and thought surely the Crower springs would work with the Crower cams, not! Thanks again for your response. I just spoke to Lethal and they are going to take the Crowers back and I am ordering Manley.

Users who are viewing this thread