Crower cam problem?

soldierstang04

Established Member
Hey guys I am not a very active poster on here but i have been a member for some time now and get on alot and read thru the market alot! I have a 03 cobra that just got finished after a 2 year build and being screwed by two shops! I drove it for the first time this past friday! It was Great!

Anyways the list of mods are as follows. Whipple 2.3 with a 3.25 pulley, Bored .010 over with JE pistons, Crower stage 3 cams, retainers and springs, 04 heads (had the 4 thread heads) Level 5 RPM transmission, and a few little odds and ends here and there.

The car is throwing a Misfire code on cylinder 3. i have put a new coil pack on it i have swapped plugs with cylinder 2 to see if maybe the plug is bad. i have took the pig tail off and swapped it out with another pigtail on my injectors to see if that was the problem. all this and its still throwing the misfire code on cylinder 3. I called dynospeed and they said that crower has some issues when grinding a cam on the lobes.... Not second guessing dynospeed at all Just wondering if anyone has a set of crower cams and maybe ran across this problem as well??? I have also had thoughts maybe its just the knock sensors? Just need a better tune? after all it is just the break in tune.

Also when it was running we unplugged the number 3 injector and at the time it didnt change the way the car was idleing. So maybe that injector is bad? Which sucks b/c lethal doesnt sale 60lb injectors any more and you cant just find one laying around lol.

any advice?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I am pretty sure our cars don't have knock sensors. I'm sure others will chime in. As far as the cams I can't help you any there. I have stock cams.

GodStang

Established Member
All cams need to be checked before installing. Yes crower has had a time or two that the grind was off and also comp has to. There is a huge huge thread about it. That is why you should always check what you have bought even when it was new. When my crowers were installed they had to tear down the engine 3 or 4 times to get it correct.

soldierstang04

Established Member
All cams need to be checked before installing. Yes crower has had a time or two that the grind was off and also comp has to. There is a huge huge thread about it. That is why you should always check what you have bought even when it was new. When my crowers were installed they had to tear down the engine 3 or 4 times to get it correct.

Thanks! When i bought the cams i was deployed and the shop the car was at........ Well i have learned not to trust shops in AR! :nonono: I am hoping its nothing to bad. Keeping my fingers crossed! Im going to get the car to dynospeed in November

Users who are viewing this thread