crotch rockets...

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
im sure several people on here have one. Im looking at a 600 series bike, what could be considered the "best" for a new rider. I was looking at the honda cbr600rr's... even though i hate honda :nonono:
anyone have a suggestion?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
there are two types of rides.,., those that have crashed and those that will :shrug:
be carefull
Rob

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
I've heard alot of bad reviews on Honda RR's but everyones is bias to some point. I was looking at buying an 05-06 R6 sometime this spring.

Coiled03

Established Member
Oh hell - heeeeere we go......

Please, PLEASE, for the love of god, don't let somebody else tell you what kind of bike to buy. Go out and test ride them!

SgtGreen

Established Member
gsxr 750... small enough to handle, great power band but not rediculous like the 1000's and up. great bike for the money. be careful... your gonna wreck, everyone does. its a learning process.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Oh hell - heeeeere we go......

Please, PLEASE, for the love of god, don't let somebody else tell you what kind of bike to buy. Go out and test ride them!

Agreed test drive to find what you are looking for.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
The RR has won every shootout last year and the first couple this year. You cant go wrong with any of the major 600 from the last hell 5 years.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Use the SEARCH button. There is a thread about this very same subject every two weeks in spring/summer/fall.

oldmodman

Established Member
What type of riding are you intending to do? If it's only sport riding for fun on weekends look at a sportbike. Are you going to commute on it? Look at a sit up naked bike. Or a dual sport type. Long distance cruising and touring? look toward one of the "phony Harleys" But make sure that you ride the exact model that you intend to buy before you buy it. And check the insurance costs before you buy. You may not be able to afford it.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
im sure several people on here have one. Im looking at a 600 series bike, what could be considered the "best" for a new rider. I was looking at the honda cbr600rr's... even though i hate honda :nonono:
anyone have a suggestion?

Honda 600rr is the way to go....You wont find an easier bike that has the best handling and most power in the 600 class....I bought mine brand new never had ridden a day in my life and Picked up on it very quickly....Once you master the clutch and turning they are easy. Best advice is to just look through curves and feel the road and you'll be find....

and if you interested....im selling mine....but it not really by choice....Wanna buy a house soon and need to save up....

BLUBLLS

The RR has won every shootout last year and the first couple this year. You cant go wrong with any of the major 600 from the last hell 5 years.

I'm betting that he is not a professional rider...

Best advice (since it seems you want a new bike). Sit on each of them to see which one fits you the best. They are all very close in performance. after you figure out the final 2 that you have it down to, see which one has the the torque come on faster. It's better for street riding.

Good luck

Chad3304

Established Member
I have an 06 600rr and 07 gixxer 1000 and the cbr is a great bike as it was my first but as long as you respect the bike I agree with a gixxer 750 as a starter bike because if you get a 600 in no time your going to want something bigger thats how I ended up with two I have a friend that bout a used hayabusa 1300 for his first bike just a few weeks ago so as long as you respect the bike get what you want

endless381

Established Member
I'd say the gsxr600 or 750 would be the best bike to buy......I rode my buddys 07 750 awhile back an let me tell you that thing rolled out for a 750!!It felt bout as quick as my 1000

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
thanks guys, i guess i need to ride them all. i was originally looking at a harley, changed my mind, and wound up looking at these bikes. i'm defiantly not going higher than a 600 though. insurance=not cool. and i dont think the extra power is necessary for me.

Biggieman

03-04 parts for sale
Established Member
i think you said you were 17 in another thread. do yourself (and your family) a favor and STAY OFF a modern 600cc sportbike.

get a POS Katana and learn to ride before you do anything.

edit: and PLEASE stop calling them "crotch rockets." "Sportbike" will suffice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread