Crossroads: TT's / GTR / C7Z

Crossroads?

• Go with the twins and lay down 700rwhp!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Grab a GTR, AWD FTW!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • C7Z

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Kryckter

Established Member
I need some help deciding... I currently have a 2015 Mustang. Lowered with some Vossen wheels. I love the car, its been a good car. However, the thought is always there for something else. I pretty much daily my car, I have a junker for snow or rain but drive my car for 300+ days a year...

I actually have the Hellion twin kit on the way for the 15, with the larger injectors and boost-a-pump. Current goal is around 700rwhp on pump gas...

Before I put the kit on I am debating these options:
I've been toying around the idea of a GTR, something like a 2013/14 Premium. Can be had for 70k-80k. Another option, grab a C7Z. This is my least favorite option for 2 reasons. 1.) Im tall and the fit in the C7 is awful. 2.) The depreciation is killer. I want the Z07 package and it comes with a 100k sticker, I hate the car would be worth 10's of thousands less in a year or two.

I've also toyed with the idea of a 13/14 viper, but I've tried sitting in those with the same problems as the C7, not made for tall people. And I feel the Viper is a little too flashy for a daily driver car. Errands, mall parking lots, etc...

Just looking for opinions... Thanks!

F63BD041-D6C3-46EE-9E08-145C56EAACCB.jpg

D01E3C74-0D37-440A-ACF5-9E916CF96397.jpg

gabe1530

Banned
i think you should stick with the TT's. once they are in there, it will be a whole new animal and when your not right foot heavy no one will know the difference.

Kryckter

Established Member
I feel like a Viper, while seen less usually, is less flashy than the C7Z. Go with what YOU want

I want them all... That's why I like opinions

Im 6' and fit in my dads C7z just fine ... how tall are you ?

I'm 6'3". I've messed with the seat a bunch and unplugged the wires that are supposed to give you more room. My knees still touch the dash and my head brushes the roof...

i think you should stick with the TT's. once they are in there, it will be a whole new animal and when your not right foot heavy no one will know the difference.

twins. hell yes.

I'm leading towards this to be honest. Throw some sticky tires on the back and with the auto I am hearing 9's wouldnt be that hard to accomplish on the stock motor and trans! :rockon:

Last edited:

Machdup1

Established Member
I actually have the Hellion twin kit on the way for the 15, with the larger injectors and boost-a-pump. Current goal is around 700rwhp on pump gas...

Forgive my ignorance. How long will stock internals last on a 700HP force fed diet?

Kryckter

Established Member

Forgive my ignorance. How long will stock internals last on a 700HP force fed diet?

It seems on the new 15, a long time. From my understanding these motors are just as strong or even stronger than the BOSS motors. They love BOOST!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
GTR or C7Z

Even with twins, the above are a totally separate animal than a simply modded-to-go-fast Mustang GT.

Id also hate to be the first person to pave the way for S550 TT setups. Let a bunch of other doofballs throw their money at it and learn from their mistakes and see what issues they have first. Otherwise you are going to be the guinea pig, which, might be a nice thing to roll up on a meet and be the only 700+hp TT S550, but that blessing may also be a curse if you have nobody to relate to when you have issues.

Kryckter

Established Member
This is what I would pick personally, but it is a dream car of mine. Second choice would be a hard one between the GTR & C7Z for me but as a daily driver I would take a GTR.

Well dang it, I wish I could edit the poll to add this option. It sounds like it would be the leader right now...

LS2GTO

Established Member
Kinda odd choices, basically you're looking at either 45k with the Mustang or 80k+ with the other choices. Obviously the latter would blow the former out of the water, but costs almost twice as much.

Dollar/performance you can't beat the TT5.0. However it will never be in the same league as the others.

Kryckter

Established Member
Kinda odd choices, basically you're looking at either 45k with the Mustang or 80k+ with the other choices. Obviously the latter would blow the former out of the water, but costs almost twice as much.

Dollar/performance you can't beat the TT5.0. However it will never be in the same league as the others.

It is an odd decision. Pretty much everyone would say one of the other cars besides my mustang if money was no object. I guess it's hard to properly look at this without the financial aspect.

I'll put it like this then. Paid off 15 mustang with twin turbos or one of the other cars and have a 1k payment for 5 years with a 40k trade/down payment...

FIVEHOE

Established Member
GTR or C7Z

Even with twins, the above are a totally separate animal than a simply modded-to-go-fast Mustang GT.

Id also hate to be the first person to pave the way for S550 TT setups. Let a bunch of other doofballs throw their money at it and learn from their mistakes and see what issues they have first. Otherwise you are going to be the guinea pig, which, might be a nice thing to roll up on a meet and be the only 700+hp TT S550, but that blessing may also be a curse if you have nobody to relate to when you have issues.

this.... plus you said it's primarily your daily.

I would go with the c7z, but it sounds like you don't want it. Which would make the GTR a very close second choice. And then you could always twin turbo your 2015 and hope it doesn't grenade. And I'm pretty sure you were mis-informed about your motor.

From my understanding these motors are just as strong or even stronger than the BOSS motors. They love BOOST!

Kryckter

Established Member
And I'm pretty sure you were mis-informed about your motor.

I could be. I know there are several out there with 700rwhp and more with MANY passes still going strong. In the end if I have to settle with 650rwhp to have a reliable daily driver with twins, Im fine with that...

nxhappy

Established Member
I could be. I know there are several out there with 700rwhp and more with MANY passes still going strong. In the end if I have to settle with 650rwhp to have a reliable daily driver with twins, Im fine with that...

if tune is good, boost is moderate, with low IATs I don't see why not...

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
lady by my old apts used to DD blue viper wit white stripes....thing was sick lol

Users who are viewing this thread