Crossover tube 'burp plug' oring replacement VITON # A111 10.77 x 2.62

Just want to make you guys aware to eliminate the guess work.

Ford doesn't appear to offer any longer, the oring that accompanies the coolant crossover tube burp plug, that is opened with a 1/4" drive.

Not sure what the actual name is by Ford, but most of us are aware that we need to buy a new burp plug, which can range between $25 - $34 since that oring doesn't appear to be sold individually.

I just received my VITON 180pc oring assortment kit which I purchased from EBay for $17.95, shipping included.

In comparing my current burp plug and the oem oring, the one that I found to sit as flush as the oem o-ring is the VITON o-ring labeled A111 10.77 x 2.62.

I did everything possible to fit the tightest one I could and that I could eyeball looks as close to sitting like the oem one does.

Some may say...why a Viton oring, as opposed to one from your local parts store?

The VITON orings can endure temps as high as 400F. Perfect for coolant temps.

Also, I've tried using several supposed orings for this burp plug, that are advertised as being capable of enduring coolant temps and each one has deteriorated and caused coolant to leak from that burp plug and of course caused air to enter the cooling system.

Its a great kit and these VITON orings are pretty hard or tough to stretch.

For those interested, this is the kit I purchased. (10) orings come for each size. I believe if you order each oring individually, its actually quite expensive, so this kit easily becomes the cheapest way to go...UNLESS you have a local parts dealer that can get you these VITON orings. I was unfortunately, unable to find any parts dealer, local to me, that could get one of these orings for a fraction of the cost that you may see these online.

Here's the kit I purchased:

http://www.harborfreight.com/180-piece-viton-o-ring-kit-67525.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread