Crossover Fuel Line

lawdude

Established Member
Just called Ford dealer who said to get the fuel line you have to get the rails too. Wow, how can that be? Anyone know where to get just the crossover line?

Nsssane1

Established Member
I wonder how the kenne bell line is mounted I think it goes around back of the s/c. I need something like that also for my whipple to keep all the heat away from the line.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Just called Ford dealer who said to get the fuel line you have to get the rails too. Wow, how can that be? Anyone know where to get just the crossover line?

You were told correct that you can't buy it separate from Ford. You can use fuel injection line and clamps in place of it, which can be had from just about any autoparts store. I'm unsure of the size, but I think it's 3/8's?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
You were told correct that you can't buy it separate from Ford. You can use fuel injection line and clamps in place of it, which can be had from just about any autoparts store. I'm unsure of the size, but I think it's 3/8's?

Correct, and use high pressure hose clamps, not the standard worm clamps. Whipple supplies a line and clamps with their blower kits for customers installing one of their kits on a GT500.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Correct, and use high pressure hose clamps, not the standard worm clamps. Whipple supplies a line and clamps with their blower kits for customers installing one of their kits on a GT500.

I did not get any such hose and clamps with my Ford Racing 750 Whipple kit. I used the stock fuel rails/hose.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
My line is definitely stock with my 2.9L:

383351FA-B4AB-4A2F-950C-EB5C714AC0F3-1879-00000287DB64C3BD.jpg

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
You'll get far more heat transfer through the rails than you will the crossover. I'd be willing to bet there is no measurable difference in fuel temp regardless of where you route that line.

Cuda426

Established Member

You could just run it around the back like we do on the KB kits. They use a long length of 5/16 push on fuel line. No clamps required. For that matter your could run it over the top if you wanted but it's not molded so shape might look bad. I would contact Van or KB and get a length of fuel line, forget the auto parts stores on this one.

No way would I pay Ford a reward for selling these parts together. I ran into the same thing when I needed a pinion flange bolt for my driveshaft. They told me I had to buy the driveshaft to get the bolt, as they don't sell them separately. I walked away.

aclass

Established Member
Recently upgraded my blower and while I was at it, installed Fore fuel rails. You can see the line and it runs around the back of the blower.
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I just painted my stock fuel rails - to match my painted coil covers - which I painted to match the red in the Ford Racing logo.
Shelbystruttowercapse7_zps7cb1963a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread