cross over tube plug

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
does anybody know where i can get a aftermarket cross over tube plug? or burp plug for the coolant? i found a thread on here from 07 where a guy was making them shipped for 25$, emailed him a couple days ago with no luck..any help is much appreciated. thanks

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I just got a new oem one from the dealer. What was so special about the aftermarket one?

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
the ford dealership couldnt find a part number jus for the plug, nor could i on the internet so i had to buy the whole crossover tube jus for the plug, an i would rather have one with a bolt or hex head instead of stripping out another

gat0r

Established Member
check with - 99COBRA2881

the other guy that is making them is super busy & not answering PMs - 98mark8lsc

there is not part # for the cobra one, as you have to get the whole assembly.
however there is one for mark vii, this is supposed to be the same = P/N F3LY-8A500-A

do a search to confirm, the info is there

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
thanks bro i send him a pm, but i tried that same part number at the dealership an they said it was discontiued. thanks for the help

thanks bro i send him a pm, but i tried that same part number at the dealership an they said it was discontiued. thanks for the help

F3LY-8A500-A is the correct part number for that crossover tube plug. I just picked one up about 5 weeks ago. I too had a problem finding the plug as the guy in the parts dept. at one of my local dealers was telling me I had to buy the whole crossover tube assembly. You need to find a different dealer with someone in the parts dept. that actually knows what he's doing because that part number is not discontinued at all. Tousley Ford still sells the same crossover plug using that same part number.

Users who are viewing this thread