crome rims

darkhorse

Established Member
chrome rims

Here are the stock chrome rims on Dark Shadow Gray. The nitto 315's in the rear fit well and hook up much better than the F1's. The wheel hop is less also. I'm still beefing up the suspension as soon as the shocks come in.

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
Me likey :)

Side note here. I'm not a big fan of the SS bumper inserts. But once you put chromes on the car, the inserts work well with'em. Could also be that SS inserts look better on grey/silver/white than they would on, say, yellow, torch, redfire.

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by OverToad
Me likey :)

Side note here. I'm not a big fan of the SS bumper inserts. But once you put chromes on the car, the inserts work well with'em. Could also be that SS inserts look better on grey/silver/white than they would on, say, yellow, torch, redfire.

Thanks. I was skeptical about the inserts too, but with the chrome rims it matches up really well. The color itself is stealth even with 5 coats of Zaino on it, so the rims and the letters kind of add some bling bling to it.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Looks relly Nice:thumbsup:

Ordered my chromies Friday from ford. Didn't need the letter since it is my selling dealer

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by 2stangBK
Darkhorse- do you have any pics from front and side view? That car looks perfect!

Thanks! I'll post a side picture when I get home from work tomorrow. If that one isn't at a good angle, I'll have to wait until the frickin' winter part 2 is finished.
My first choice of colors were torch red or black but I saw this color in the dealership and decided to get it. The first thing I thought of was how good chrome rims would probably look on it.

:beer:

darkhorse

Established Member
Originally posted by Z20WHAT
is it safe to run those 315's on the stock wheels?

I haven't had any problems with the Nittos. They seem sturdy and although I don't make a habit of driving too aggressively around town; I have had it up in the triple digits quite a few times and it was rock solid even at curves (not at triple digits). There aren't too many places locally that I can reach a high speed without running into another driver or running out of room. This car covers a lot of ground in a hurry. I frickin' love it!:coolman:

2stangBK

Established Member
Darkhouse- I'll have to agree about the DSG color and the chrome wheels, SHARP. I'm selling my Black 01 now because I found a low mileage DSG 03 vert that I want to get. I found it the afternoon I got orders to deploy. Just my luck, but the owner said he would wait and sell it to me when this crap with Iraq is finished.

darkhorse

Established Member
Stang, just another good incentive to wrap things up over there and come home safely. Good luck and be careful.:thumbsup:

trey193

Established Member
Can I still get the trade in for the factory chrome wheels, I bought my car used a couple weeks ago, or if I sold them outright, would I be up for a discount on the chrome wheels through FORD?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Trey

darkhorse

Established Member
You have to contact the nearest SVT dealership or one that deals with Ford Motorsports. Do it through the service department. Find out where that car was originally purchased and that may help a lot. Good Luck!:beer:

Honest Mike

Established Member
That looks AWESOME! Those wheels look so much better in chrome. I too would like to see other pics of the car. Looks great. :thumbsup: :beer: Mike

darkhorse

Established Member
Here's a side view that I took about 30 minutes before it started snowing again. It was 50 degrees at that time. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread