Critique my dyno

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
Previously dyno'd 419/402 with Stingers + K&N Aircharger in December. Dyno'd yesterday with the following mods:

2.8 Pulley
Billetflow Stealth Idler
74" Gatorback
Denso IT20's @ .040
Borla Stingers
K&N Aircharger
Custom Tune from RWTD

newdyno.jpg

I'm kinda bummed about the numbers. Texas heat I guess...It was only about 80 degrees outside though :(

pm'd you

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
His numbers and dyno tune is horrible. I was not referring to your setup.

Not much of a dyno tune...The first run in pink is a custom tunr from James @ RWTD based on a previous dyno and my mods. All those changes that you see were coming from me adjusting the fuel-tables via the Predator after every run. The funny thing is that even with r12 where you can make changes to the fuel tables between 2000 - 4000 and then 4000 - 7000 ... the changes I made down low always seem to affect the changes between 4000 - 7000.

lwantSonicBlue

Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
SONIC_SNAKE03,

I think racerat like's Murillo's shop up there in SA if I remember right :) If I go down to McAllen on the 24th of April do you want to bring your car and redyno? SouthTXSnake says he wants to meet and tear the dyno up :)

I would be interested in that because I am planning on going to FFW in baytown but would like to have some solid numbers down first. Call me and so I can find out more about it, Ig.

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
I agree with Jream. Your #'s are way low. Only mods I have are Borla catback early version # 14858 and Mac CAI and my dyno was 418/380 No pulley no chip tune. I would check with your tuner..............

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
I agree with Jream. Your #'s are way low. Only mods I have are Borla catback early version # 14858 and Mac CAI and my dyno was 418/380 No pulley no chip tune. I would check with your tuner..............

Your numbers are similar to the 419/402 I pulled with just the CAI + Stingers. The problem is/was there were two other Cobra's there at the dyno and they both dyno'd really low as well. SONIC_SNAKE03 was one of them ... He was CAI + Stingers and was using a custom tune from James @ RWTD. His A/F was 12:1 all the way across until 6000+ RPM where it started dipping into the 11s. Personally, I think that is about as good as it's going to get but his numbers were reminicant of what a stock 03/04 Cobra would pull.

The last guy to dyno was a 2.93 pullied car with Bassani exhaust, TB + plenum, and CAI. He was running a tune from Strictly Performance and had a dyno sheet from Strictly showing 442/474. He pulled 409/402 :shrug:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
Originally posted by SONIC_SNAKE03
I would be interested in that because I am planning on going to FFW in baytown but would like to have some solid numbers down first. Call me and so I can find out more about it, Ig.

I'll PM you with more info later today. :)

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Id like to hear more if you find out anything, im currently having the same problem, I have all the stuff in my sig, pulley, idlers, exhaust, CAI, etc etc and my dynos have been around 437 or so which is really low as well for the same mods. I should be around 455-470 instead.

only other thing in common is my tune is also from RWTD.

im going again today to try a new tune and a brand new CAI.

I dont think its belt slip (or pulley slip like I had before) since that usually causes your A/F to get fat when it happens, not lean.

in my case the belt isnt slipping, im running nkg plugs gapped at .04 which should be fine.

If I find something out ill let you know too since it may be we have similar problems.

Users who are viewing this thread