Creek in front drivers suspension

mikestoyz

Established Member
Lowered on sportlines back in October. Stock struts and mounts(they stayed together when unbolting from the car). Started about a month ago. Only when wheel is turned right and moving. I only did a quick visual with the wheel turned and didn't see anything. Gonna pull the wheel today.

Maybe related....maybe not, but I've also had two episodes of getting on an interstate ramp that sweeps to the right and as I apply gas at speed(40-70 mph) while in turn, traction control goes off and won't let me accelerate more than a grandma, despite me not pushing turning or acceleration enough to warrant traction control.

Anyway here is a vid
Creak - YouTube

Nomak

Established Member
I would not deny the claim..... but thats just me :shrug:.

Warrenty is strange in that some items are looked at closer than others. Other Techs I work with may give you a hard time. Just depends on whos working on the car.

Take it in and see what happens.

mikestoyz

Established Member
I would not deny the claim..... but thats just me :shrug:.

Warrenty is strange in that some items are looked at closer than others. Other Techs I work with may give you a hard time. Just depends on whos working on the car.

Take it in and see what happens.

I'm gonna take a peek and see. If it is the problem, I guess at 38,000 miles I don't care if ford knows my car has a tune and other mods on it.

Nomak

Established Member
I'm gonna take a peek and see. If it is the problem, I guess at 38,000 miles I don't care if ford knows my car has a tune and other mods on it.

At 38K you are out of base warrenty anyway. This TSB will not be covered. Base is 3/36, powertrain is 5/60.

Unless you have an ESP??

mikestoyz

Established Member
Everything looks good and I can't reproduce the noise by turning the wheel weighted or unweighted. It has to be moving. Ugh

Users who are viewing this thread