Creed performing on Conan

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Just watched em play Overcome. I have to say, it was very strange. Scott looked completely different with the locks chopped off an he looked like he was on coke or something. Vocals were kinda weird, too. There was also a 5th member playing guitar but their website only mentions 4 members. He looked VERY similar to Myles from Alterbridge

Thoughts?

Last edited:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Creed SUCKS!

Creed is one of the biggest guilty pleasures in all of music. 90% of the people who come in here and say Creed sucks wouldn't change the station if they came on the radio. If they do they're full of it.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan but it was interesting to see them perform after 4 or 5 years.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Creed is one of the biggest guilty pleasures in all of music. 90% of the people who come in here and say Creed sucks wouldn't change the station if they came on the radio. If they do they're full of it.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan but it was interesting to see them perform after 4 or 5 years.
yea i would have to agree but.....

i guess scott was either almost broke or was broke. & figured he didnt need to be a asshole anymore. so he made up with them so he didnt have to get a real job :D

Last edited:

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Bubblegum R&B is the only thing that might make me change the station faster than "dddrrrrrrroooooooooooonnnnnnne...", whether it's Bush, Creed, or their 10^10000 imitators. Nickelback, to their credit seems to be veering away from that style.

To each their own, of course. If these types of bands had been burning up the adult contemporary charts in the late 90s to mid aughts, I wouldn't bitch at all. What really burns me up is their being passed off as hard rock, and millions of people buying into this bullshit.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

90% of the people who say "Creed Sucks" bought "My own prison", and "Human Clay". They are fake ass bitches that are bandwagon jumpers. Same as the people who bash Limp Bizkit, they all bought the CD's......

I remember when "Higher" came out everyone was on Creed's nuts. One day someone goes "hey, im gonna be different and say 'Creed sucks' and see what happens" and a bandwagon was born. If you like them then, why cant you like them now?

I enjoy their music, most their songs make me want to drive fast, which is what i like in music. Their new single is just eh but im sure there are better hits on the rest of the album.

Last edited:

Mayo5

Established Member
90% of the people who say "Creed Sucks" bought "My own prison", and "Human Clay". They are fake ass bitches that are bandwagon jumpers. Same as the people who bash Limp Bizkit, they all bought the CD's......

I remember when "Higher" came out everyone was on Creed's nuts. One day someone goes "hey, im gonna be different and say 'Creed sucks' and see what happens" and a bandwagon was born. If you like them then, why cant you like them now?

I enjoy their music, most their songs make me want to drive fast, which is what i like in music. Their new single is just eh but im sure there are better hits on the rest of the album.

I liked and still do like the old Limp Bizkit stuff, but Creed has always sucked pretty hard. I never bought their cd, but one of theirs was given to me; and I don't think I've ever opened it.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Ill tolerate creed over Limp Shitdick, Paproach, Stink 182 anyday. Creeds very first album wasnt that bad. But they still suck. Tremonti is HELLA overrated as a guitar player.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Ill tolerate creed over Limp Shitdick, Paproach, Stink 182 anyday. Creeds very first album wasnt that bad. But they still suck. Tremonti is HELLA overrated as a guitar player.

I dont know if you can really call him overrated. He doesn't get all that much attention considering how big the band was.

People recognized him as a guitar player but I don't think there was ever a general consensus that he's great.

But you're right he isn't anything special but he fits with the band and gets the job done.

Also, if I'm not mistaken he wrote a good portion of their lyrics over the years.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Sixteen Stone is still an awesome album.. I also like some older creed too.. Not all of it though

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I think their new single is pretty good. I actually went and downloaded their album and its not that bad.

As for everyone hating on Limp Bizkit I never understood that. I always like their stuff, that is, until they came out with their 4th album...

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I saw it as well. Not very good. Needs more pitch correction. lol.

People love to hate on bands like Creed, but you know you were rockin' that shit back in 98-00 because EVERYBODY was.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I think their new single is pretty good. I actually went and downloaded their album and its not that bad.

As for everyone hating on Limp Bizkit I never understood that. I always like their stuff, that is, until they came out with their 4th album...

Results May Vary?

i thought that was one of the best, even if it didnt include Wes. The dude from Snot may have not been Boreland, but he was still pretty good. Underneath the Gun is still one of my favorite songs to this day.

the one after that was shit though, i think "The Truth Vol1" or something, never got any advertising so nobody knew it even was out. Supposedly Limp is back in the studio making a new album (Wes included) so i hope its good.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
I went to a creed concert at the CSU convocation center a long ass time ago. Oleander and Our Lady Peace opened for them, At that time I thought both opening acts out-performed Creed by a long shot.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Creed was one of the only "rock" bands still around when grunge and alternative were considered the new rock IMO.

My girl and I saw Creed this summer during there comeback tour in August. There was def an element missing in the sound. Also, Stapp forgot the words to 5 songs that I can remember.

I bet there isn't one mofo in here that didn't blast My Own Prison the summer of '98 in their stang, if they had one.

They def don't sound the same. Not saying they suck, but what they sound like now is not my top choice. Some of their older stuff I still listen too, mostly older stuff that wasn't played on the radio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread