Creaky POS

Rct851

Established Member
dont lower your car with stock strut mounts and struts.... Mine is loud as hell

nate714

Established Member
I'm lowered on the stock mounts and koni struts, no noise lol. I thought for sure I'd have noise since I blew up one strut mount during the removal and had to buy replacement ball bearings to re-assemble it. Still, no noise here.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
GT500 upper strut mounts and Koni STR.t struts w/BMR drag springs, no noise or complaints otherwise. FWIW I was initially running around on factory struts with the BMR springs and GT upper strut mounts. Though I bought GT replacement mounts just in case and glad I did, those ****ing bearings went everywhere. Anyways the latter combo made no noise either and I would have kept it had I not ran across a helluva deal on those Koni's.

Rct851

Established Member
These are brand new OEM mounts on bmr Springs. I was on tokicos and gt500 mounts, which didn't make any noise.

I've gone completely back to stock besides the bare minimum to be lowered while I hunt for my next car. Kicking myself now for not just putting stock springs back in and be done with it but honestly I don't care to even take this thing on the road at stock height because it's so ugly like that.

I knew this was a possibility but like others have posted its not a given it will squeek and I thought maybe I'd get lucky on this one.

Rct851

Established Member
New development. When I'm pulling into a parking spot and get to a complete stop the car there are some popping noises from the rear end.

I'm thinking the ford tech who put it back together didn't torque everything to 140lb or whatever it's supposed to be.

On an unrelated subject of course I have a dinged wheel that wasn't there before the ford visit.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
New development. When I'm pulling into a parking spot and get to a complete stop the car there are some popping noises from the rear end.

I'm thinking the ford tech who put it back together didn't torque everything to 140lb or whatever it's supposed to be.

On an unrelated subject of course I have a dinged wheel that wasn't there before the ford visit.

I would check and make sure the springs are in their perches and check the fasteners for the shocks at the axle and in the trunk. Did the shop by chance have the exhaust off the car for any reason? If the clamps for the OTA @ midpipe are loose it will bang around, can also be noisy if that clamps at the mufflers to the OTAs are loose.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
I took my stock springs out ,and put the new springs in,and nothing else and it's no different then stock just lower and rides better

Rct851

Established Member
I took my stock springs out ,and put the new springs in,and nothing else and it's no different then stock just lower and rides better

Dude that's what I was hoping for. I know your not the only one who has had good luck doing it that way.

I'll tight everything, check the exhaust and report back. Here I go under the car again to "fix" something I already paid to have done... Smh

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Originally I did nothing but the springs. I had no issues with creaking. I would go back and check everything and make sure it's settled in correctly.

billr814

Established Member
stock strut mounts

well gota say on my 14 track pack..i used ford racing k springs 1.5 inch drop with the stock mounts...no problems ...quiet..............

Users who are viewing this thread