Creaking sound when I let out the clutch

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Like the title states I am hearing a very strange creaking noise when I let out the clutch in first gear. So far it is only when I let out in first. It has gotten worse over the past few weeks. My mileage is at 32,xxx. Could it be I need a new clutch?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I know this may sound dumb, but is it coming from the driver seat? I had a pretty nasty creak in mine only out of first - I guess because the momentum from a stop - that was remedied by tightening the four driver seat chassis bolts. I couldn't feel the creak despite it being in the seat, and it's source was difficult to find.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I know this may sound dumb, but is it coming from the driver seat? I had a pretty nasty creak in mine only out of first - I guess because the momentum from a stop - that was remedied by tightening the four driver seat chassis bolts. I couldn't feel the creak despite it being in the seat, and it's source was difficult to find.

No......I can almost feel it/sounds like its coming from the clutch pedal area. Pretty much like the clutch is "straining" for lack of a better word. Been using the car as a daily driver for the past 4 months. This just began a couple weeks ago. At first I would only hear it when I would start the car after work as I let the clutch out. Now its after every time I disengage the clutch in first. Stoplight or stop signs...

futureSVT

Established Member
mine did it too the other day, but then it went away. so idk i was thinking it was the cable causing the nosie but i wont know untill it happens again

Users who are viewing this thread