Crazy question for 20" svtpp wheel install in front

lsp408

Established Member
I saw someone posted rear 20" svtpp wheel will not clear brembo caliper with out spacer. Is it possible to machine inside of spoke to clear brembo while not sacrifice structure and rigidity of wheel?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Check with Steve at Trueforged wheels. He can do the Alcoa SS wheels, so he might be able to do the PP wheels.

Worth a shot.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You really need longer wheel studs with a spacer. A 1/4" spacer should be about the same offset as the front SVTPP wheel, which is a better compromise anyway.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
widen rear 20s... and keep stock 19s

personal believe. On any svtpp gt500.

if u can fit the widest tire possible in the market, you are good to go on stocks!!

lsp408

Established Member
I only want to go with 20" svtpp at the front because of tire selection. I try not to mis match front and rear. The 19 front and 20 rear made selections to only a few.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I only want to go with 20" svtpp at the front because of tire selection. I try not to mis match front and rear. The 19 front and 20 rear made selections to only a few.

yep. i tell people this all the time when they inquire about doing a 19/20 set up.

yeah, i would definitely suggest using a spacer up front instead of trying to machine the spokes down. i dont think you'll find anyone crazy enough to do that anyways. they have NO idea how it would affect the structural integrity of the wheels. did you see that guy who's wheel broke on the track? highly likely from being too thin of a spoke.

and use a spacer out back as well so it doesnt look like the front wheels have more offset than the rears lol. if you can get away with .25" spacer and still clear the brakes than you shouldnt need longer studs.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
I wish Ford would've used a 19x9 & 19x10 setup. I personally think the rear brakes look silly inside a 20" wheel. Plus I think there are more tire choices for the 19

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The 20" inch won't clear but the 19" does?

It's not a diameter issue, it's an offset or hub center thickness issue. The wheel sits in too far and contacts the caliper face.

Plus I think there are more tire choices for the 19
I feel just the opposite. Seems to me there are more 20" options which are also cheaper.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
It's not a diameter issue, it's an offset or hub center thickness issue. The wheel sits in too far and contacts the caliper face.

I feel just the opposite. Seems to me there are more 20" options which are also cheaper.

sounds like the issue on the 19/20 fitment and yes there are more choices in 20" than 19", for these cars. for good sizes and tires that will actually perform.

HighTorque

Established Member
Bringing this one back...

I am about to install rear svtpp wheels on the front of my 14gt500. All i should need are 1/4" wheel spacers correct?

Anything else i should look out for? Want the car to be safe still.

Best wheel spacer for the job?

Has anyone done this yet? Pics?

Snoopy49

Established Member
If I remember correctly, the wheels are centered by the hub, hubcentric, and not the lugnuts. If that is the case, you will have to make sure that the there is sufficient hub exposed above the spacer to do it's job.
I accidently mounted one of my back wheels on the front and it seemed to seat, but when I tried to rotate the wheel by hand, it would not move. It is probably not going to take a very thick spacer to get the job done.

Wheel & Brake Spacers - 3/16 in. - Pair

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bringing this one back...

I am about to install rear svtpp wheels on the front of my 14gt500. All i should need are 1/4" wheel spacers correct?

Anything else i should look out for? Want the car to be safe still.

Best wheel spacer for the job?

Has anyone done this yet? Pics?
I currently run stock base 20s all around on my '14. I use ARP studs all around and billet hubcentric 5/8" spacers all around. The rears are widened to 11" and the spacers give a fully flush look, I like it. Previously posted pics and made a thread but on iPad now.
The '13-14 wheels have a slightly different offset and have bigger brakes, so I doubt 1/4" spacer will work, likely 1/2" but it was easy and clean to use 5/8" all around.
Good luck.
-J

HighTorque

Established Member
i currently run stock base 20s all around on my '14. I use arp studs all around and billet hubcentric 5/8" spacers all around. The rears are widened to 11" and the spacers give a fully flush look, i like it. Previously posted pics and made a thread but on ipad now.
The '13-14 wheels have a slightly different offset and have bigger brakes, so i doubt 1/4" spacer will work, likely 1/2" but it was easy and clean to use 5/8" all around.
Good luck.
-j
based on all the research ive done it appears the wheels have a 6mm difference in offset with is about 1/4"

a friend let me borrow some spacers to test fit make sure the wheel clears.

How much did it run to do the arp studs? Did you do all 4 wheels?

If the cost creeps up to much i might just put that money towards some tf or ccw and call it a day.

Thanks for the input

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I did the FRPP wheel hubs with upgraded bearings/studs installed. Its a link to click in member Tob's signature of mod links.
I did the fronts because I knew I may need front spacers for drag skinnies and did the rears when I built the axle.
I could not find a billet hubcentric spacer less than 1/2".
Here were my threads:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1034259-20-quot-base-wheels-all-around/page2
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ormance-Package-color-lookin-good!&highlight=
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1036323-Couple-of-car-show-pics&highlight=
-J

HighTorque

Established Member
i did the frpp wheel hubs with upgraded bearings/studs installed. Its a link to click in member tob's signature of mod links.
I did the fronts because i knew i may need front spacers for drag skinnies and did the rears when i built the axle.
I could not find a billet hubcentric spacer less than 1/2".
Here were my threads:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1034259-20-quot-base-wheels-all-around/page2
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ormance-package-color-lookin-good!&highlight=
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1036323-couple-of-car-show-pics&highlight=
-j

awesome ill check them out thanks

Snoopy49

Established Member
How deep is the centering register on the hubs? It may be too shallow to center the wheel if anything thicker than flat 1/4" spacer is used. That would explain why a 1/2" hubcentric spacer is the thinnest available.

Users who are viewing this thread