crazy noise from wheel

NYstanger

Established Member
So for alittle while now i've had a weird noise coming from my rear right wheel. At first I though it was the brakes sticking so I disassembled and lubed everything up. Still faintly made the noise though. Today I took the car out after not driving it for awhile (my father took it a couple times out though) and the noise is extremely loud. Applying the brakes now doesn't change the pitch at all. So what am I looking at, wheel bearing gone bad?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
so...what kind of noise is it? you never really described it. its going to be hard for someone to help you, without knowing what kind of noise you are hearing.

futureSVT

Established Member
tire screaming for help?? lol.. but forreal describe the nosie. if the brakes are good really the only other thing is a wheel bearing..

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So for alittle while now i've had a weird noise coming from my rear right wheel. At first I though it was the brakes sticking so I disassembled and lubed everything up. Still faintly made the noise though. Today I took the car out after not driving it for awhile (my father took it a couple times out though) and the noise is extremely loud. Applying the brakes now doesn't change the pitch at all. So what am I looking at, wheel bearing gone bad?

Did you torque the halfshaft retaining nut to 240-250#?

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

NYstanger

Established Member
Did you torque the halfshaft retaining nut to 240-250#?

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

No I haven't? I'm guessing the nut tends to come loose?

The noise is hard to describe. Its like a consecutive whining in correlation to wheel speed. Kinda scary sounding likes a wheels gonna fall off sound, not like brakes rubbing sound. lol

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No I haven't? I'm guessing the nut tends to come loose?

Yes, it's extremely common!

The noise is hard to describe. Its like a consecutive whining in correlation to wheel speed. Kinda scary sounding likes a wheels gonna fall off sound, not like brakes rubbing sound. lol

Jack up the car and wiggle the wheel and check for play.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i have crazy noises too. im used to it already.

Users who are viewing this thread