Crazy idle. Need some opinions.

bzubke1

Established Member
My car has such an inconsistent idle. On a cold start up it will surge for about a minute until it idles normal, if i didn't keep hitting the gas when the rpms drop down real low it would die. It also will not idle on a warm start up, like if i get gas or run into a store for a minute i have to drive the car for a mile or so until it will idle. It will also die every now and then at a stop light. The weird thing is after a drive i can let it idle and it will stay strong for 10-15 mins. The car has been dyno tuned and he couldn't figure it why it was idling so wierd sometimes. He found two vacuum leaks and an exhaust leak. And there is also a lot of play in my throttle body(you can move the throttle plate side to side. He said the throttle body could be causing it or my upper to lower intake manifold gasket could be messed up. I'm looking for some ideas of things to check. Also the same 02 sensors have been on the car since i bought it 3.5 years ago if that could be an issue.

My mods are in my sig. But the most important to note is the tfs 1 cam.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
my car does that sometimes, but only when its really coold, I have to give it a good amount of gas to keep it from dying and hold idle for about a mnute then it is fine.

Check you TPS, and IAC

bzubke1

Established Member
my car does that sometimes, but only when its really coold, I have to give it a good amount of gas to keep it from dying and hold idle for about a mnute then it is fine.

Check you TPS, and IAC
The IAC is fairly new but i havent checked the tps, it is not adjustable correct?

bzubke1

Established Member
I deleted the smog pump and plugged the vacuum lines for it. Could the thermactor plugs in the back of the heads leaking cause issues?

Users who are viewing this thread