Crappy Paint Jop - Revisited

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Crappy Paint Job - Revisited

Here are some pics of what the rock-pits turned into....
Took it in for warranty repair, so far yes, but one other guy has to approve it... paint flakes off like there was no prep work done what-so-ever... this happened after a washing (and no it wasn't a SCRUBBING with a scouring pad).

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Whoa! That looks bad. I've got a couple of rock chips about 1/2 a mm in size on my car, but they don't show any signs of turning into THAT. Good luck with the new paint job.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
DAMN!!!

I thought mine was bad. I have chips all over my hood and I definatley want to get mine repainted before it looks that bad! It is very strange that you posted this today because the chip I have on my hood was fairly small and I really wasn't that concerned about it until I washed the car yesterday. Now it is about the size of a dime. That is good news that it looks like the dealership will repaint the hood under warranty and rightly so.

:bash:

hood_chip.jpg

StreetSnake

Established Member
Man that is hard to believe that they would need a second opinion from anybody to repaint that under warranty. That is just a bad initial prep plain and simple I wouldnt sweat the 2nd opinion they will paint it under warranty, and its my guess it will look a lot better than the factory orange peel that seems so prevalent on these cars. Good luck:beer: :beer:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
have u guys bought the 3m product inviseasheild yet could i get some picks of how well it is. I just bought a kit for my buick riv and put it on today The company will change it to as we want I called them the other day its really clear I just worry about black car, thats the one I like picks of with the 3M product on.

Chris C

Established Member
:bash: i dont have paint peeling on mine, but i do have some discoloration on my hood.... My svt guy said that some of the hoods had a primer problem and some have been repainted under warrenty:nonono:

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Had a similar problem... I was washing the car - spraying the hood down... and all of a sudden, the paint starting peeling off as the water hit it (not even a high-pressure hose). Brought it into the dealer (Willowbrook Ford)... they were like "wow, it must have started out as a rock chip, but it shouldn't have peeled like that."... I was thinking "yeah, no shit!" They agreed that the entire hood would be repainted under warranty...

Just got the car back today... looks great... Willowbrook Ford is a class act... hopefully their paint job is better than the factory's!

GreySnake

Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
... hopefully their paint job is better than the factory's!

I bet it will be......glad they did a nice job for you. That was a terrible thing to see! :eek:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I had my hood repainted under warranty. It was not near that bad. SVT told me the hoods are painted by the vender not at the factory. The bright side is the dealer paint job did look much better.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My friend just found out his '00 caugh chevy caugh silverado was repainted...and he bought it brand new. He was taking the 4x4 stickers off the back and the clear coat came off.....then he discovered that the right quarter panel had been taped off and repainted for some strange reason :shrug: GM's repainting it.....BTW sorry to see the pits in your paint. Hope you get it fixed as soon as possible :D

94SHO

Established Member
That is a really sad sight to see.Does anyone have any problems with other parts of there cars?Or is it just the hood?If not,later on down the road is the paint just going to peal that easy?:cuss: To shitty paint jobs.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I 've been told the ones with the paint problems have been with the black cars, seems like its every color now? Most people said to watch out by the hood vents.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
It is not just a cobra or even a ford problem. I bought my wife a volvo S60 last weekend washed it yesterday and found a chip in the hood.hopefully it wont spread.

SVTNICK

Established Member
trunk

my trunk under the wing is flaking like that. I just noticed it yesterday. i hope this is not a sign of things to come. Ive only had the car a week. anything else i should be aware of?

SStupid

Established Member
Posted

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
have u guys bought the 3m product inviseasheild yet could i get some picks of how well it is. I just bought a kit for my buick riv and put it on today The company will change it to as we want I called them the other day its really clear I just worry about black car, thats the one I like picks of with the 3M product on.

I posted pics of mine on this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38122&highlight=SStupid

Users who are viewing this thread