Crank snapped....

01whiteL

Established Member
From the looks of it seems as though the I had the crank snap on me..... half throttle let out of it in traffic and got about 1/2 down on the throttle and the truck just died. Opened the hood to see the blower belt missing and pulled on it only to hear something moving.....daylight showed the crank pulley/lower blower pully and a piece of teh crank all connected along with the empty hole in the block.....pretty pissed considering it was under no stress what so ever.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Jon Huang(with the black s197, black wheels and jacked up dodge) was just telling me about your truck, or im assuming it was yours, he said a friend of his from houston broke the crank in his lightning, so yeah good luck with it, i almost went on the hpd southcoast cruise but dont know any of the hpd people very well so i hung out at chrystal beach with my girlfriend.

you wouldnt happen to know anyone in houston selling a lightning these days would you? im trying to sell my cobra and buy a nice L and if my deal tomorrow falls through i'll be shopping houston for one.

01whiteL

Established Member
dirty_canadian said:
Jon Huang(with the black s197, black wheels and jacked up dodge) was just telling me about your truck, or im assuming it was yours, he said a friend of his from houston broke the crank in his lightning, so yeah good luck with it, i almost went on the hpd southcoast cruise but dont know any of the hpd people very well so i hung out at chrystal beach with my girlfriend.

you wouldnt happen to know anyone in houston selling a lightning these days would you? im trying to sell my cobra and buy a nice L and if my deal tomorrow falls through i'll be shopping houston for one.

Yup that would be me. I may know of a red one for sale PM me if your interested, its modded very nicely and trucks super clean.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Casey snapped his crank , BUT it snapped behind the timing gear, I hope that didnt happen to yours. For some strange reason Ford made a narrow area on the crank between the timing gear and 1st journal. caseys was the fault of an out of balance dampner, or so i believe.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:nono: I don't like "Snapping Cranks" or "Snapping Turtles"!!!

Sorry to hear about your engine.:(

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
That sux to hear man. Have you contacted JDM about it at all yet? I know you don't have a "warranty" but maybe they can do something.

Hope it's not too bad once you get it torn down.

assasyn

Established Member
dirty_canadian said:

Mine is for sale, kind of.

DanielB

WHPPLD
Established Member
dirty_canadian said:

PM sent!

Users who are viewing this thread