Crank Pulley HELP

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm trying to install my metco crank pulley. Any ideas on how to get the factory one off ?? The tool they give you I already twisted it up. I bought a new 14mm hex and I cant get the dam thing off. Yes I'm turning it clock wise.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
There is a thread in the tech area that helps. I used a punch or long pry bar and hit one of the spokes on the pulley till it broke lose.

SVT GI

Established Member
Just did this with SLEEPERSTATUS on his car about 3 weeks ago. We used the write-up in "how to" and worked great. Front supported on jack stands, tranny in 6th, used a jack under the breaker bar and...POP! It was kinda an uneasy feeling when you are using the jack, just make sure you have it (jack/breaker bar) positioned correctly so you are not going to put the tool that comes in the kit all katiwhompus.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I had to use a combo of the two above methods. I put a breaker bar on it and used the floor jack to put it under tension. I then used a piece of pipe on one of the pulley spokes and gave it a couple good wacks. It let loose on the 2nd one.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Make sure that you already unbolted the "cage" that the pulley is screwed into. If it is not unbolted from the block, the pulley won't go anywhere.

Acobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks guys I'm going to try the old hammer tecnique. Yesterday I tried using the jack with a johnston bar and broke the end off where it holds the socket.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Thanks guys I'm going to try the old hammer tecnique. Yesterday I tried using the jack with a johnston bar and broke the end off where it holds the socket.

I tried every method, except an impact. The only one that worked for me
was using a 4 foot extension on a 1/2" ratchet. The ratchet actually broke
along with two breaker bars but the pulley finally came off.

Users who are viewing this thread