Crank Bolt length question

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Can someone please elaborate as to why the crank in my MMR1000 Shortblock I bought a few years ago requires a Short Crank bolt as opposed to the longer ones that I just received from Lethal (ARP) and from IW. Thanks

Jon82387

Established Member
Not sure 100% when it started happening.... but the new cobrajet cranks and the new 5.0 cranks are drilled deeper into the snout in order to get more even clamping load on the cranks.

On the shorter bolts it was allowing the bigger superchargers to break the snouts off since the bolt only went so far into the crank.

Guessing your crank isn't tapped deep enough for the longer bolts???

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Correct, I was told that I must have an older crank. The bolts I have are bottoming out. I sure hope this doesn't become an issue when I turn the wick up on this thing. However I will only be spinning a ported tvs with a 2.38

Jon82387

Established Member
Correct, I was told that I must have an older crank. The bolts I have are bottoming out. I sure hope this doesn't become an issue when I turn the wick up on this thing. However I will only be spinning a ported tvs with a 2.38
Everything ive heard about the tvs's says they are super easy to spin..... long as your not running a kb 4.7 i think you will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread