Craftsman Tools made in Taiwan???

Koolaid_Guy

So yah i bought a set of extra long screwdrivers to add to my collection and to my amazement, they said made in taiwan. When did craftsman start selling pos made in taiwan tools, this the regular old outsourcing of jobs in america, sending america's well known craftsman tools over there. Sad sad. I dunno if it's just certain tools or just a sears canada thing or what but seeing the made in taiwan thing on them is disappointing. Anyone else have a problem with cheapo craftsman tools recently???? I need good tools for my work so what gives??

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Did you buy Craftsman tools or did you buy tools at Sears. Sears sells both craftsman and sears tools. Sears tools are made by the lowest bidder. Last I checked all my craftsman hand tools were made in the USA. Or maybe you got the "special" tools they sell in Canada:uh oh:

SVT4ME

Established Member
From what I know thats one of their selling points. Made in America, news to me. Then again I don't keep track of it but come on isn't there any truth in advertisement!

Koolaid_Guy

I bought craftsman tools through sears canada like usual, the last tools i bought through sears canada were made in the good oll us of a but these screwdrivers were made in taiwan. someone mentioned sears canada get some craftsman tools from outside the usa. Can anyone help me out on this??

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just looked at my screwdriver set, and they say "MADE IN USA"

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Gee, let's shut down some more foundries. What the hell, let's start importing scab labor. They'll come of the boat with a "Made In xxxx" tattoo on their foreheads.

:nonono: :bash:

All in the name of MAKING MORE MONEY when you have enough already. :mj:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Are the tools imprinted "CRAFTSMAN" and made somewhere other than the USA?

Or are they imprinted "SEARS" and made somewhere else?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sears sells a line of "Companion" (I think that's the name?) tools at a lower price and they are not guaranteed for life like the regular line of Craftsman hand tools.

Craftsman makes good tools but their ratchets suck IMHO.

We used to call the Snap-On dealer Ali Baba.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You should see my Craftsman junk bin. The last time I stopped by I replaced 7 screwdrivers, 4 chisels, 9 sockets, 1 pair of needle nose pliers, 2 hammers, and a set of punches.

I'm buying S•K Tools on a regular basis and wow, best tools ever. Twice as good as snap on. The Hummer of the tool industry IMO.:thumbsup:

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
You should see my Craftsman junk bin. The last time I stopped by I replaced 7 screwdrivers, 4 chisels, 9 sockets, 1 pair of needle nose pliers, 2 hammers, and a set of punches.

I'm buying S•K Tools on a regular basis and wow, best tools ever. Twice as good as snap on. The Hummer of the tool industry IMO.:thumbsup:

SK eh??? Never really heard of them until i found an old SK speed handle in my dad's tool box. I see thier quite expensive, are they really that good ???

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Kool_ZX3
SK eh??? Never really heard of them until i found an old SK speed handle in my dad's tool box. I see thier quite expensive, are they really that good ???

You have no idea. I paid $55 for a 12 piece 1/4" standard set 12 years ago.

Then again, where else can you push 180 lb-ft of torque on a 1/4" socket and not have it break, let alone strip The 3/8" sockets are even better. 1/2" Fuggettaboutit. :rockon:

These are true lifetime tools (good luck breaking one) and are extremely accurate (tolerances). I am truly amazed by these tools, and will most likely hand them down to my great great grandchildren. :thumbsup:

Koolaid_Guy

Holy that much torque on a 1/4 socket that's crazy :eek: I seen them in catologues and looked at them and said thier crazy, almost the price or more expensive then snap on b/c i never ever heard of them until i noticed the speed handle. Crazy stuff, maybe later on i will look into them and give them a try. Couldn't hurt to try them out. Wonder if thier torque wrenches are as accurate and good as snap on's??? :shrug:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Htey are craftsman I think I got em when I was 16 and that was when they were in hot water for having tools made in China....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Htey are craftsman I think I got em when I was 16 and that was when they were in hot water for having tools made in China....

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Craftsman I believe are all 100 % american made. I think the case is prolly made in Taiwan. ? At least I know every craftsman tool i've ever have had has been made in America. I have kobalt tools now that are pretty nice. Better than craftsman at least there ratchets are and I have klein screwdrivers and everything else is klein.

Users who are viewing this thread