Cracked Lower Intake / Need Another

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Does anyone have a spare lower 99/01 intake laying around? Maybe someone with a huffer? Help. I'm screwed. And for future reference, be very careful when knocking the freeze plugs out of the bottom for porting. The top was done and the first tap on a plug put two cracks in the manifold towards two other plugs. Needless to say I shit myself.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Have you checked the Market section here on SVTP? I know I have seen them every once and awhile. Good luck and sorry to hear it.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
I hate to weld it and then always wonder - especially where the cracks are at. I figure just do it right and never have any worries. The market has several listed, but they're all sold. Except for the "fixer upper." I waiting to hear back from karkraft. Thanks for the idea.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
I know a guy who ports them and sells them shipped to your door 395.00 he cuts the bottom off and totally does a full port tig welds it back together and then polishes it I got 23rwhp in the middle rpm rangr and 9 peak horses.Got pics of intake.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
I have some pics, but I've already decided to go with another intake. I just don't want to put anything once broken back on it...

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
cobradude said:
I know a guy who ports them and sells them shipped to your door 395.00 he cuts the bottom off and totally does a full port tig welds it back together and then polishes it I got 23rwhp in the middle rpm rangr and 9 peak horses.Got pics of intake.

Who'd you buy it from?

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
It was the one on the car that I took off for a port/polish job. To much go-jo with the ole' hammer.

Users who are viewing this thread