CPR Turbo Guys, What Axle-Back Are You Running?

prn1972

Established Member
Just looking for opinions on Axle-Backs with my CPR setup. I like loud. So I was planning on a Magnaflow Race Axle-Back. What do you guys have? Got any sound clips or vids? Thx.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I actually ran open OTA pipes for a while. Mastwolf on here ran open down pipe for a while and said it wasn't bad LMAO

I tabbed up some Pypes M80 mufflers using stock elbows and 4" tips. I'll find a sound clip. Mellow at idle but really open up at wot

92CE4083-6D78-438D-869B-3E8648D14459_zpsukxrjrhu.jpg

AF333732-3CA6-4286-9BFF-7B51C9BC1D3C_zpsg0urlbrc.jpg

SCalla1384

Established Member
Signalzeros car is probably my favorite exhaust on a turbo car. It's tough to pick a nice sounding muffler with a turbo imo. I'm not a big fan of having the downpipe dumped.

I heard 1 car with I believe hellion single and bassani race axleback. That sounded real good too.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Mastwolf is running the CPR kit and I believe he has the MBRP catback setup on his. He sent a video a while ago and it sounded very smooth and crisp. When I'm ready to swap I'll prolly go with that and post these up for sale.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I tried a few set ups:

downpipe to JPC big over axles, to borla S type quads
downpipe to JPC big over axles, to magnaflow street (sounds good but can't hear any turbo till it spools)
big open DP. (can hear ALL the turbo noises, and really isn't that loud unless youre in it)

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Best bang for the buck on the CPR kits. MBRP Race Cat Back! It flows more than the magnaflow and its killer. Its a little too much on an n/a car but on a turbo car it sounds perfect. No Drone at all.

phil h

Established Member
X2 on the MBRP Race. I made over 1k with that setup with my on3 kit and it sounds pretty good. Sai made me change it as he hated the borla i had. lol

Last edited:

Roushcornfed

Established Member
many people been running the magnaflow street quads on this setup but there not loud at all. You may want the race but they will drone. Im thinking about doing cutouts so i can hear it when i want.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
many people been running the magnaflow street quads on this setup but there not loud at all. You may want the race but they will drone. Im thinking about doing cutouts so i can hear it when i want.

3.31 gear with 6r80 60-80mph no drone.

Users who are viewing this thread