Coyote Swapped GT500 - ECU Issues

Fuerig

Established Member
Here is a copy of the email I sent to Rob Herron at SVT performance/Ford racing : I was given your email by calling the Ford Tech line. I have a 2011 Shelby GT500. I blew the motor 3 times and decided to go with a coyote motor. I purchased a coyote variance motor out of a automatic 2011 F150. When I purchased the motor it came with the following : Complete motor ( intake to oil pan) , wiring harness, and ECU. I have now installed the motor but I failed to keep my TR6060 transmission harness when I sold my old motor so now I have a Automatic F150 wiring harness trying to power a coyote in Shelby. Yes, I know I am a bastard. Okay so what is my question? What do I need help with? I can not communicate with the F150 ECU. I have taken the ECU to a local speed shop to have PATS disabled but they can not connect to the ECU. I have derived that I could have a bad ECU or the wiring harness from the F150 doesn't connect the same way as it does in the Shelby so it can not communicate. I do have my old Shelby computer. I am going to be taking the ECU to my local speed shop to see if they can communicate with that ECU to try and rule out a bad ECU. My question is does the F150 computer speak a different language than the Shelby computer? What I mean by that is the Shelby basically windows 95 and the F150 windows 7? I'll know more after I am able to test my Shelby computer for communication. If the Shelby computer can communicate than we can rule out wiring harness and it points to Bad ECU. If the Shelby computer can not communicate then it points to the wiring harness and not a bad ECU. If the ECU is bad I plan on replacing with a ECU from a Mustang GT coyote and vice versa for the wiring harness. What are your thoughts ?? What complications if any do you foresee? I am not concerned that I do not have a transmission wiring harness as the car is used mainly for track purposes but I do realize that I wont have ABS, Traction Control, Vehicle Speed and reverse lights. The car is going to be a twin turbo car but I need to make sure the engine swap and issues like these were ironed out before we started heading in that territory. I realize I am the first to do such a swap so I am in heavily uncharted waters. Thanks for any help and advice that you can give.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You blew the motor "three" times? What the hell are you doing to this thing?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
blows motor 3 times so goes an get the coyote out of F150 and expects not to blow F150 motor. what am I missing here? sounds like a hell of a lot of work to down grade to me. cheaper way would of been sell GT500 with blown motor and buy a 2011-2014 5.0 and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread