Coyote swapped 54 f100 ghost cam problems

juskol18

Established Member
I have a 1954 f100 that has a gen 1 coyote out of a 2014 f150 in it with the ford control pack. I recently purchased Lund racings tuning mainly for the ghost cam to get that older sound out of the truck since driveability wont be a factor. I installed the ghost cam tuning and I get nothing, I’ve gotten it up to temperature, drove around, and checked to make sure I don’t have a check engine light. When idling I can rev it up and it sounds as if it starts to lope for a few seconds and while watching the lrx screen the “pedal_pos” value is jumping around 0-5% but as soon as you hear the engine come to a smooth idle it’s holding steady at either 5 or 6 %

I’m thinking something may be commanding the engine to idle up a little and this is kicking it out of lope idle or I have a throttle position problem?

Has anyone had a issue like this before?
Lund obviously won’t help me as they say it’s a novelty item

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you datalogged it? I would hope they would at least look at it once but this may require a custom tune.
-J

juskol18

Established Member
Have you datalogged it? I would hope they would at least look at it once but this may require a custom tune.
-J
Yes I data-logged several times as this is supposed to be a custom tune but whoever I’m dealing with over email says they won’t chase the issue with ghost cam whatsoever, which is crazy because there disclaimers says they won’t chase driveability issues or make it chop more, it doesn’t say they won’t look into why it’s not working at all!!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Ghost cams are known to not be all that wild on Gen 1s with the Mustang cams. You have the F150 cams, lol. I have seen absolutely zero posts or videos talking about the Ghost Cam on an F150 setup in a Gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

juskol18

Established Member
Ghost cams are known to not be all that wild on Gen 1s with the Mustang cams. You have the F150 cams, lol. I have seen absolutely zero posts or videos talking about the Ghost Cam on an F150 setup in a Gen 1.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Ohh you mean like this??
I guess this must be a gen 2

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Ohh you mean like this??
I guess this must be a gen 2

My 15 F150 with the 3.5 EB and just a resonator delete sounds meaner than that on a cold start. Thank you for proving my point.

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread