coyote swap harness

2115criss

Established Member
looking into a coyote swap in a coupe. for those of you who have done the swap i got a question about the harness.
would the stock coyote harness from a 11-14 car work for the swap or do I have to use the Ford racing control pack which is what I've seen most ppl used.
thanks.

RRRCobraSC281

Established Member
Easiest way is to use the control pack Ford Racing sells. Without it you will have to use the S197 power distribution box and mount it somewhere along with the control pack. Then run power wires for the hot all the time, hot in run, and ignition, plus remove PATS (passive anti theft system). There are probably other hurdles, but without doing the standard coyote swap, I won't be able to tell you everything that will become a problem.
I'm actually doing a complete coyote swap. So I'm just interfacing the headlights taillights and fuel hat harnesses. So not as complicated.

2115criss

Established Member
I saw your build. congrats! probably the cleans swap I've seen to this day. thanks for the heads up and yeah that is what I was thinking it would happened since the stock harness has a lot more connection that go along with the new s197 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread