Coyote swap 04 cobra - IC system talk

04torchred

Established Member
I was going to ask this in the S550 section, but it’s completely full of ads. So I am defaulting to the cobra roots.

I am doing a Gen 3 coyote swap with a Gen 5 3.0 Whipple on the car. Collecting parts and got wondering about the IC system on the S550. I know a lot of work has been done over the years on our cobras to improve flow and cooling ability.

From some research it seems like the only way to get 1” IC fittings is the Cobra Jet lid from Whipple for the 15+ Whipple systems, can anyone confirm I have this right or are there other options I have not found? If the system is stuck with 3/4” feed ports should I not bother with a Stewart EMP pump(back ordered now) and just run a 13-14 GT500 IC pump?

How much IC pump flow do you want with a stock Gen 3 engine and 10-12 psi boost?

DOB site has good testing. Gen 5 Whipple with 13 GT500 pump is 10 GPM With 3/4” lines. Stewart pump with 1” hose is 16GPM. Seems like probably a wise idea to wait for a Stewart pump and run 1” lines with just a small reducer near the IC inlet to connect.

Last edited:

Roush6018

Established Member
youre good to run that gt500 ic pump on your 04 Cobra. you can run a stock reservoir and a giant front mount intercooler (with some fans on it ) . 10 gal per min is very good to start. get that car running like this and if its not good enough then you upgrade it to 1" lines.

Users who are viewing this thread