• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Coyote stalling issue, cheaper fix

Discussion in 'Coyote Series Engines' started by egore79, Nov 2, 2014.

1. egore79

egore79 New Member Established Member

I encountered the stalling issue on my SN95 coyote swap using the FRPP CONTROL Pack. I read many different places that adding the ford racing speed dial fixes the issue... At 150-179 bucks... Not a particularly cheap fix. I had some experience with Dakota Digital in a Jeep engine swap I did a few years ago. I ordered a DD SGI-5 speedometer calibrator and set it up according to DD's tech line and bam... No more stalling! All for about 80-90 bucks cheaper than the FRPP speed dial.

Here is a pic of the correct dip switch settings to convert a VSS signal to the correct OSS signal(8K ppm converted to 32K)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414974199.588631.jpg

2. ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

If you have someone do a custom tune, the stalling issue is a very easy fix. (Most people get a tune, due to exhaust mods, and intake changes)
    However this solution is cheaper then most programmers, but wanted to say if a person is having a tune done it can be fixed then.

3. Peter Klekner

Peter Klekner New Member

Hi.
    I'm hoping this isn't too far back to recall. Would you still have the DD tech line instructions for your SGI-5 setup by any chance. DD don't make the SGI-5 any more but have said that their new models could do the same thing as yours for the Coyote Gen 1.