coyote idle issue after acceleration

Whipple V8

Established Member
last summer i had some work done on my 2012 roush stage 3 which included.

82mm sc pulley

jlt 123mm cai intake

13-14 gt500 injectors

vmp boost a pump

headers and off road x pipe

1 step colder spark plugs

the car was 100% stock before these were added and ran perfect. i had these parts installed by a well known / recommended shop in my area and a dyno tune aswell. when i first got it back i was throwing start up misfire codes which were later fixed by delaying when the ecu checks for misfires until it was at runnning temp. or so i was told. have not had any codes since.

then after a few more days i noticed i had a idle issue after a hard accel if i shift into neutral to coast the car has a hard time finding idle bouncing from 1000-500 for 10-15 secs before finding idle and a few times it actually died on me. i took it back twice to get fix and both times id leave and everything seems ok until a couple days later it will do it again. power comes on smooth and idle is normal with normal driving.

could it possibly be my intake? ive heard some ppl have had issues with this intake after looking online. if so would it be ok to put the stock air box back on to check without retuning first?

thanks.

2003mach1

Established Member
Have you done any logs to see what the torque source is when its acting up?
My turbo car was doing something similar. It was going into "target N" and hunting for idle. I had to raise the idle rpm error limit to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread