"Coyote" affect pricing

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
Do you guys think the new 2011 mustang gt with the 5.0 & 412 hp will affect the price of the Termis much? Just curious to know what you guys thought.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
no, It should'nt affect the 03-04 cobra prices two different cars. the cobra is a limmited production hand built motor the other is a mass produced vehicle everyone will get one.

Fat-cat

Established Member
i might get one as a DD winter car :) or at very least test drive the shit out of one lol

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
up the boost is right! but anyway i dont believe they will bring our value down really

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, i don't see if brining the value down. I do see the value of the 2010 Mustang GT going down or atleast cheaper at the dealership.

SpectorV

Established Member
well the 03/04 cobra market over the last year has taken a big hit, hopefully (as with all cars) the prices will rebound. I dont see the effect being that major. It will have SOME effect but not a ton. Now that the 03/04 are in the high teen range to low 20s for a good car the person looking to buy will have their mind made up with their spending limit vs which car they perfer as the new GT's will be 30k or so.

I am sure some sales will be lost for 03/04s in favor or 2011 gt's but not that many~ in the end you can get a GT or a cobra which is more rare~

I do see the 2010s being very hard to sale vs the 2011 due to how much better the 2011's drive train is

Sweetwater

2003 Mustang Cobra
Established Member
Their are two Terminator buyers. The investor and the hp nut. The hp nuts will choose a newer 400hp car over an older one. This leaves us with the investor. My guess: Termitators will bottom out at around $13.5k in 2013, then pop back up again around 2020.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Their are two Terminator buyers. The investor and the hp nut. The hp nuts will choose a newer 400hp car over an older one. This leaves us with the investor. My guess: Termitators will bottom out at around $13.5k in 2013, then pop back up again around 2020.

well.. your logic is IMHO wrong, we all know that the Terminators have more power stock than the upcoming GT, (rated way under on the Terminators) most were around 410-430 at the flywheel stock, and they are SO EASY to get over 500 to 550 at the flywheel, with just very simple bolt on mods.. I don't see, for a HP junkie a new GT being the way to go..

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I have no intentions of selling my Cobra so I'm not too concerned about the '11 GT's...and I'm certainly not concerned about their power! :)

Sweetwater

2003 Mustang Cobra
Established Member
well.. your logic is IMHO wrong, we all know that the Terminators have more power stock than the upcoming GT, (rated way under on the Terminators) most were around 410-430 at the flywheel stock, and they are SO EASY to get over 500 to 550 at the flywheel, with just very simple bolt on mods.. I don't see, for a HP junkie a new GT being the way to go..

I agree the Terminator has a motor which is easy to mod.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I hope they don't mind getting smoked by my old pos :shrug:

actually I don't care if they mind or not :thumbsup:

Digital

Established Member
I hope they don't mind getting smoked by my old pos :shrug:

actually I don't care if they mind or not :thumbsup:

It will be very interesting to see how much power they can make before popping.
If you take fords mustang figures from the past they will either make 500rwhp and then go boom or right around 700rwhp.
If it's the 700 then the cars are very close to equal.
THe only think that keeps us safe from mach1s, GTs, etc is their engines.

Last edited:

MWoods26

Established Member

God I hope you are wrong! I just gave 21k for my Comp O the begining of this month. It was a little more than I should have payed but it was set up exactlly how I wanted. Only thing I wanted to do was tint the windows. I planed on keeping about two/three years ang getting about 17 out of it:shrug: If the bottom fall out of them as much as you think I will be keeping this a lot longer as this car is way more fun to drive than 13.5k

Sweetwater

2003 Mustang Cobra
Established Member
God I hope you are wrong! I just gave 21k for my Comp O the begining of this month. It was a little more than I should have payed but it was set up exactlly how I wanted. Only thing I wanted to do was tint the windows. I planed on keeping about two/three years ang getting about 17 out of it:shrug: If the bottom fall out of them as much as you think I will be keeping this a lot longer as this car is way more fun to drive than 13.5k

I hope I'm wrong too. I bought mine this month too. $13.5 is probably on the pessimistic side though. I estimated the average car in 2013, at 12k miles/yr, having 120,000 miles. $13.5k seems about right. But, then again, what will be the average miles on a 2003 Cobra in 2013? I hope lower than 120,000. To date, mine only has 2300.

Users who are viewing this thread