coyote 5.8 stroker

NickSezz

Established Member
JPC, do you guys have anyone running that 5.8 stroker?

The cost is pretty wild for a short block.

NickSezz

Established Member
The cylinder walls might be a bit too thin and wont help the cooling port cracking issue.

This would make a cool N/A build but I would be nervous about throwing boost at it.

Last edited:

coyote302

Established Member
It is a sleeve block so it 's alot stronger ....all 1500 hp +coyote that we see,are sleeve block....(like mmr)......
The cylinder walls might be a bit too thin and wont help the cooling port cracking issue.

This would make a cool N/A build but I would be nervous about throwing boost at it.

NickSezz

Established Member
It is a sleeve block so it 's alot stronger ....all 1500 hp +coyote that we see,are sleeve block....(like mmr)......

I must have missed that in JPC's description. Good to know. They said it was tested but I personally have not seen much coverage on such a build.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
A guy local to me was originally going to do this stroker after it was released at SEMA. Then the production release kep tgetting pushed back....and pushed back....you see where I'm going with this. He finally just said forget.

NickSezz

Established Member
A guy local to me was originally going to do this stroker after it was released at SEMA. Then the production release kep tgetting pushed back....and pushed back....you see where I'm going with this. He finally just said forget.

I receive the exact same info. When you search Google for it they are all you find about it with nothing to back it up. Very misleading but good publicity..

86merc

Established Member
I saw it listed on jpc website.

The engine on JPC's website does not use the Wiseco kit.

JPC/RGR engine parts List:

Custom Built Winberg Billet Crank
Billet 6.125 Oliver Rods
Custom Built Wiseco Pistons 3.700 Bore
Total Seal Stainless AP Ring Pack (file fit)
All ARP Hardwear
RGR Outlaw Block (Darton Sleeves)
RGR CSS™ "Coyote Support System"
Clevite H Series Rod Bearings
King HP Main Bearings
New Ford 2013 Block

coyote302

Established Member
It is very expensive, but it as billet crank and oliver rod.Good part $$$ alot. I hope some day we will see a more budget minding stroker with less expensive internal...

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Is there any update on wiseco/k1 5.8 stroker ?

Im not sure when K1 will have their stuff ready. Its a long process

I think that whole deal was a hoax..

No hoax we had one took alot of work to make it go together but we did some testing.

Its a Sleeved Block with a 3.700 bore

I must have missed that in JPC's description. Good to know. They said it was tested but I personally have not seen much coverage on such a build.

Yea when we were testing building we didnt do a whole build thread there wasnt a reason to pump up something we could not get.

Mostly the initial testing was done to make sure the pistons were quiet and we logged a bunch of hours on the dyno.

The Setup you see on our webstore is a TOTAL custom build no production pieces hell the crank is a Winberg they sell for over 4000 on their basic setup so when you want a total custom piece the price goes way up from there.

everything listed in that short block is seriously custom not a production piston in a custom box. Build time is 16 weeks do to it takes 10 weeks for them to build the crank. Then we have a ton of work to do to mate them all together.

:beer:

coyote302

Established Member
The engine on JPC's website does not use the Wiseco kit.

JPC/RGR engine parts List:

Custom Built Winberg Billet Crank
Billet 6.125 Oliver Rods
Custom Built Wiseco Pistons 3.700 Bore
Total Seal Stainless AP Ring Pack (file fit)
All ARP Hardwear
RGR Outlaw Block (Darton Sleeves)
RGR CSS™ "Coyote Support System"
Clevite H Series Rod Bearings
King HP Main Bearings
New Ford 2013 Block
I was thinking that wiseco was only doing the piston ?:??:

NickSezz

Established Member

No hoax we had one took alot of work to make it go together but we did some testing.

Yea when we were testing building we didnt do a whole build thread there wasnt a reason to pump up something we could not get.

Mostly the initial testing was done to make sure the pistons were quiet and we logged a bunch of hours on the dyno.

The Setup you see on our webstore is a TOTAL custom build no production pieces hell the crank is a Winberg they sell for over 4000 on their basic setup so when you want a total custom piece the price goes way up from there.

everything listed in that short block is seriously custom not a production piston in a custom box. Build time is 16 weeks do to it takes 10 weeks for them to build the crank. Then we have a ton of work to do to mate them all together.

Thank you for chiming in. Yes, I understand there is a hell of a lot of work and parts to acquire for that build.

coyote302

Established Member
Thank you for those information....:rockon:.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Thank you for chiming in. Yes, I understand there is a hell of a lot of work and parts to acquire for that build.

Yea its a ton of work

I was thinking that wiseco was only doing the piston ?:??:

I can have a custom Piston built to my specs from anyone. We are choosing to work with Wiesco on this deal since they started the kit and have been very helpful with the 351 build.

If you want we could use Diamond or CP on the build. Piston Companies will build what ever we ask them too it just costs more money.

331coupe

Established Member
It is very expensive, but it as billet crank and oliver rod.Good part $$$ alot. I hope some day we will see a more budget minding stroker with less expensive internal...

True most people will not buy this, but using the crank and rods they went with, I'm sure they were doing this kit for more of a serious drag racing application, like for someone who wanted to run x275 or something of that nature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread